Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
diosaclo
diosaclo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Total noob needs help moving books Kobo to Kindle

I had bought some books for Kobo desktop and my Android app. I just got my first e-reader, a new Kindle Keyboard. I tried finding the Kobo epubs on Windows 7 so I'm not sure how to load them to Calibre or Adobe Digital Editions. Once I get them there I think I can figure how to convert them and strip the DRM if necessary.

Can someone help me figure out how to get the books to Calibre or AED?

I apologize in advance if this info has been covered before, either I couldn't find it or understand it. Thank you for helping out someone who is completely new to the eReading community.
diosaclo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
No android here, so I can't help moving them. But, OTOH, you should be able to download them again from the store you bought them from to your Windows 7 PC. Kobo downloads can go directly into ADE if you've registered the ADE to the same account as your Kobo app.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Google 'apprentice alf' to help you with DRM issues.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote