Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #616
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratears View Post
Nope, no hardware. or system issues [. . .]
Must have been one of them hobgoblins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratears View Post
As for the second library, I figured out a way to get done what I needed to. This plugin is brilliant, thank you.
- the man to thank is Kiwidude

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:21 AM   #617
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you maybe unmark instead of delete?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 03:17 AM   #618
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I know Kiwidude is no longer active, but if anyone wants to look at this problem I'll be grateful.

When I search for duplicates in another library using the identifier set as URL it doesn't find anything even though I know there should be multiple duplicates. It says:

Code:
calibre, version 3.6.0
Library Duplicates: Found <b>0 books</b> with potential duplicates using <b>matching 'url' identifier</b> against the library ...
Can anyone help?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:33 AM   #619
NeveraN
NeveraN began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank You. It is great. I have some question, is it possible to use binary comparison by adding books to Calibre ?

Thanks
NeveraN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #620
Nevera
Nevera began at the beginning.

Is there some posibility to use binary compare for adding books to avoid to add duplicity ?

Thanks for answer
Nevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #621
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevera View Post
Is there some posibility to use binary compare for adding books to avoid to add duplicity ?

Thanks for answer
You cannot check for a binary duplicate on adding books to the library. You have to run the plugin after you've added the books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #622
HMonk
HMonk began at the beginning.

Installed Dupe Finder plug-in from within Calibre "Get new plug-ins." Installation successful, restart, plug-in is listed as enabled in plug-in repository, and drop-down menu appears in Calibre main menu. However, about five seconds after Calibre starts, the main Calibre menu clears and repopulates without the find duplicate drop-down menu. The same thing happens if I install the plug-in from the ZIP file.

I attempted to active the plug-in by creating a hot-key shortcut - didn't work. AV
program is Comodo Suite but Comodo is not blocking the plug-in or its installation.

So, the question is: if the plug-in is reported as enabled and its drop-down menu appears in Calibre's main menu, what causes the main menu to repopulate without the dupe finder drop-down-menu? The debug report follows:

calibre Debug log
calibre 3.7 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 4) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3)
calibre 3.7 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 4) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 87.0857142857 x 83.34375
Using calibre Qt style: True
Starting up...
Failed to get storage number for drive: A with error: [Error 1] Incorrect function.
Storage number map:
{(7L, 0L): [(1L, 'L')],
(7L, 1L): [(1L, 'O'), (2L, 'C')],
(7L, 2L): [(1L, 'E'), (2L, 'I')],
(7L, 3L): [(1L, 'M')],
(7L, 4L): [(1L, 'D'), (2L, 'K'), (3L, 'G')],
(7L, 5L): [(1L, 'F')],
(7L, 6L): [(1L, 'R')],
(7L, 8L): [(1L, 'N')]}
Storage number for USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_KINDLE&PROD_INTERNAL_STORAGE&REV_ 0100\B006D0B113441D1R&0: StorageDeviceNumber(type=7L, number=8L, partition_number=0L)
Drive letters for USBDevice(vendor_id=0x1949 product_id=0x4 bcd=0x100 devid=usb\vid_1949&pid_0004&rev_0100 devinst=6)
{u'drive_letters': ['N'],
u'pnp_id_map': {'N': u'\\\\?\\usbstor#disk&ven_kindle&prod_internal_sto rage&rev_0100#b006d0b113441d1r&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}'},
u'readonly_drives': set([]),
u'sort_map': {'N': (8L, 1L)}}
Started up in 7.30 seconds with 1618 books
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Set library information started
DeviceJob: 2 Set library information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Set library information callback returned
Job: 3 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: dirs are: N:\ documents
DEBUG: 0.3 USBMS: scan from root False N:\documents
DEBUG: 0.4 USBMS: count found in cache: 461, count of files in metadata: 461, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 0.4 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG: 0.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 3 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 461
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
Job: 3 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Job: 2 Set library information finished
No details available.
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0510001182556
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DeviceJob: 3 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 3 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Monk

HMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #623
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@HMonk - You have connected a device, when you do that calibre uses the The main toolbar when a device is connected toolbar. If you want this PI to be available in that toolbar you may need to add it to that toolbar via Preferences->Toolbars.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #624
HMonk
HMonk began at the beginning.

@BetterRed

Your advice was spot on! I DL all my Kindle eBooks to my Kindle Keyboard (so much easier working with its "documents" directory) and then import them to Calibre, benefited by Alf's tools. When I installed the Find Duplicates plug-in, the Keyboard was still connected to my PC.

After reading your advice, I restarted Calibre without the Keyboard connected and voilà, the Find Duplicates drop-down menu was present - and the Calibre menu did not repopulate.

Thanks for your help and speedy reply.

Monk
HMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #625
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
An idea...

Being able to use the id (I can't remember the name, but is the long one that shows up when in debug mode) to check for duplicates.

Being able to use other custom columns instead of just tags to look for variations.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:07 AM   #626
jony08
Connoisseur
jony08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Please make it possible to translate Find Duplicates.
jony08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:41 AM   #627
jony08
Connoisseur

I have duplicates but some have better metadata than others. Could it be possible to search for binary duplicates and remove the one that e.g. is missing a cover? It would save me a lot of time.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #628
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jony08 View Post
I have duplicates but some have better metadata than others. Could it be possible to search for binary duplicates and remove the one that e.g. is missing a cover? It would save me a lot of time.
Use the Quality check plugin to find books without covers, bulk add a tag
no run find dups, which will mark (the push pin) dups
then filter with
Code:
marked:true and tags:,your no cover tag
those would be your candidates to delete
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #629
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
When I find dups, I usually merge them. Then I don't have to figure out which one to keep, as long as author and title metadata looks ok.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:14 AM   #630
jony08
Connoisseur

@theducks Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
When I find dups, I usually merge them. Then I don't have to figure out which one to keep, as long as author and title metadata looks ok.
Is it possible to merge them automatically with Find Duplicates? That would be great!

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates