Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Can the My Word List be transferred to another device?

I have enabled the hidden vocabulary builder feature on my H2O. I have accumulated a substantial list of saved words and I would like to transfer the list to another Kobo. I presume the word list is contained in a database on the reader, but I cannot find it and don't know how to access it. Any ideas on how the list can be transferred to a new reader?
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
The answer to the easy part of your question ...

The list is stored in the WordList table of the Kobo device's database in /.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite

As to the best way (or any way) to export that to a different Kobo, I'm not sure. Perhaps one of the SQLite gurus will come along and offer some ideas.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Just do sqlite3 KoboReader.sqlite '.dump WordList' to a file, then run it in the new database to restore. Note that WordList is joined on column VolumeId, so it may not work unless you have the same file structure on the target kobo (I haven't used my words, so I can't say if it'll make a difference).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #4
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Thanks Geek1011, but I'm not schooled in sql and think it is too abstract for me. I'll just have to make a new list as my reading progresses. I would think Kobo would want to make it easy to transfer the list because not being able to is a good reason not to upgrade to a new device if the old one is still working.
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote