Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 06:32 AM   #1
milessabin
milessabin began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Note 10.3
Firmware 2.0: File name length limit?

Prior to upgrading to the new firmware files could be created with long filenames (presumably there is a length limit, but I didn't try anything long enough to hit it).

After the upgrade to 2.0 there appears to be a file name length limit of 20 characters: none of the applications allow files to be created with longer names, and attempts to rename files to have longer names also fails. Long file names created prior to the upgrade are preserved however, so this seems to be UI related, rather than being a change in the underlying file system.

Anyone else seeing this? Any workarounds?

Cheers,

Miles
milessabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Yes, I already complained about this here:
http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...or-notes/822/3

My workaround is limited to my use case and is quite painful: my filenames consist of "YYYY-MM-DD keyword keyword keyword". I have replaced YYYY-MM-DD with a 3-digit code representing year, month and date, e.g. today's date is "ic7". Now I have 16 digits for keywords. Not ideal...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2018, 04:30 AM   #3
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
I'have books with filename greater than 20 chars, in the nova with fw 2.0.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote