Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 03:17 AM   #46
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi Oman,

There's photos of the 2 readers side by side at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52682

Mneme did a great review of the V5 at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55228

There's several people at Mobileread who have bought an ECO Reader or HanLin V5 from DA after they've purchased a different device from us.

DA supports the manufacturers' warranties and offers technical help for all the ebook readers we sell.

You may also be interested in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52769

We released the ECO Reader just over a month ago and we've made a commitment to supply and support them. We'll also supply ebooks for them via our (pending) ebook store.
We released the HanLin V5 even more recently.

They're not going to be obsolete/unsupported in the near future.

But... as I mentioned earlier in this thread, there's many changes/enhancements coming. You can choose your device now with its current functionality or wait and see what's coming up next.

Last edited by cbell; 09-28-2009 at 04:56 AM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 AM   #47
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
cbell,

I was in Dymocks, Sydney on Sunday and was amused to see in their reader display (as well as the Illiad they've been selling for some time)

a HanLin V3, a BeBook and an EcoReader in a line together.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 06:17 AM   #48
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Hi Laine, I bet the ECO Reader looked the best

Are you coming to Melb for our meetup?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #49
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post

Errr.... Aren't ECO Reader a Hanlin V3 rebrand, just as BeBook, or were you just making a joke?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #50
Oman
Oman began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks for the advice/help there cbell, I've given it a read, and it'll all go into the decision. Cheers.
Oman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #51
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post

Is it definitely on at stated date? If so I'll start making plans. The Stamford Plaza was nice. Any other recommendations? i.e. The Ibis was not so nice so I won't go there aagain.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #52
Laine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Errr.... Aren't ECO Reader a Hanlin V3 rebrand, just as BeBook, or were you just making a joke?
Yes they are all the same model with just a little rebranding. That's what made me smile.

Typical of Dymocks. (Don't get Marc or I started on Dymocks.)
Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #53
cur3n4
cur3n4 doesn't littercur3n4 doesn't litter

Device: Eco Reader
ECO Reader Case

Hi,
Does anyone know how to remove the ECO Reader case? My ECO Reader froze yesterday and I cannot figure out how to remove the case in order to access the reset button at the back.
Cheers
Sergio
cur3n4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #54
Laine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cur3n4 View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know how to remove the ECO Reader case? My ECO Reader froze yesterday and I cannot figure out how to remove the case in order to access the reset button at the back.
Cheers
Sergio
Yor're going to have to pull the bottom clip away gently and ease the EcoReader out. That's why I use the case upside down. I know the name is upside down but I can slide the EcoReader in and out of the case that way. It doesn't bother me the flap being on the other side. And I find every now and then a reset is necessary. I think if I had to keep bending the clip it would break or wear permanently loose.

I haven't found that the EcoReader falling out but I am careful.

Last edited by Laine; 10-03-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: extra info
Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #55
cbell
Frenetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
Is it definitely on at stated date? If so I'll start making plans. The Stamford Plaza was nice. Any other recommendations? i.e. The Ibis was not so nice so I won't go there aagain.
I'm not sure if it's a definite date, Laine, but I think so - it's up to nigeldb...

I don't ever stay in hotels in Melb, so I don't know any to recommend - maybe there's somewhere nice around Balwyn/Kew.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #56
MuadDib912
MuadDib912 began at the beginning.

Device: Ecoreader
Just curious if anyone knows if there have been any firmware updates for the ecoreader as I checked the Ecoreader site and there doesnt seem to be any up.

The main issues I seem to be having is a problem in opening large documents. It seems to crash with Word Documents larger than 4MB and Microsoft reader files larger than 2MB(some of the books I read are epic in size ). The only other format I really use is PDF which it opens fine so this isnt that much of a problem at the moment as I can simply convert to PDF if needed.
MuadDib912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #57
elvee
elvee began at the beginning.

Device: bebook, bebook mini, sony Prs 600, Sony Prs650 Kobo Touch, Kindle Tou
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Good review. I'm VERY interested in buy an Eco Reader. I've been looking for a reader for a while now and when the Eco Reader was released I got shivers.

A couple of questions I hope you or someone can answer.
- The screen, how strong does it feel? roughly the same durability of a LCD screen?
- Cleaning the screen, use window cleaner or treat it like a LCD screen and use damp cloth or LCD cleaner?
- Updates. The Eco Reader being a rebranded Hanlin, does it use the same firmware updates as the Hanlin or BeBook?
- Adding books. Does this require you to install software on your PC, or do you just plug it in and it show up as a removable drive on your computer? I'm asking as I am an Linux user.

Now out of sheer curiosity, where do people prefer to buy their ebooks from? I have found a few good sites (mobipocket.com for example) but when looking at the prices of dymocks.com.au the cost is usually the same as a paperback, even sometimes greater (hardly worth it IMHO)

Thanks in advance. I'm very close to getting one.

Cheers,

Edit: Forgot to add, how well does the Eco Reader go with .PDFs? Is a A4 size pdf readable on the Eco Reader?
I have tried dymocks (or looked at their site) and find thier prices to be way over the top. fictionwise and all the other usual sites can be problematic with " geographical restrictions" (those hated words) so, I have had great success with diesel ebook store. Every book that I have wanted I've been able to puchase without any problems. So, have a look at the site, you won't be disappointed. By the way, I have the bebook which is the same as the one you are getting and I really like it. I am now considering a Sony prs-600.

Regards

elvee
elvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #58
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuadDib912 View Post
Just curious if anyone knows if there have been any firmware updates for the ecoreader as I checked the Ecoreader site and there doesnt seem to be any up.
Yes, there was one a week or so ago. I'm surprised that you did not get the email sent to every buyer; could I suggest that you go to the ECO Reader website at http://www.ecoreader.com.au/ and check with customer service?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #59
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvee View Post
I have tried dymocks (or looked at their site) and find thier prices to be way over the top. fictionwise and all the other usual sites can be problematic with " geographical restrictions" (those hated words) so, I have had great success with diesel ebook store. Every book that I have wanted I've been able to puchase without any problems. So, have a look at the site, you won't be disappointed. By the way, I have the bebook which is the same as the one you are getting and I really like it. I am now considering a Sony prs-600.

Regards

elvee
Fictionwise will also sell books to us geographically challanged. I have been buying books from them for years.

Cheers

m-reader
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #60
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Wow bringing up an old thread here. I noticed today the Eco Reader is $299, and the Eco Reader line has a new 5" Eco Eclipse model. Not sure if the price is a temporary thing or will be the new price, but finally in Australia we are seeing retail ereaders that are good and affordable.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia eco reader