Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Blissett, Luther: Q. (Italian) v3.1 28 Jul 2013

Luther Blissett is the collective pseudonym used by four Italian authors: Roberto Bui, Giovanni Cattabriga, Federico Guglielmi and Luca Di Meo. The four were part of the so-called "Luther Blissett Project", which ended in 1999. Now they write under the "Wu Ming" name.

Q is a novel by these authors, first published in Italian in 1999. The novel is set in Europe during the 16th century, and deals with Protestant reformation movements. It is published under a Creative Commons license, and it's available at http://www.wumingfoundation.com/ital...ownloads.shtml

This is the original Italian version, created from the TXT file, but with formatting added (TOC, titles, pagebreaks, dashes...). It's not proofread because I haven't yet read it and because my knowledge of Italian is limited, so I'd thank any help here.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

EDIT (v2): I've now read the book and made some minor formatting corrections. I think it's in quite a good state now (not that it wasn't before).

EDIT (v3): Added maps, and some additional corrections (stray commas, unified spacing around dashes...)

EDIT (v3.1): Minor capitalization fix.

(Previous download count: 233)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Q.mobi (1.34 MB, 389 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 07-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
The political ideas of these authors are a bit radically liberal minded to anarchical. Apart from that, this book is not for a real beginner in Italian. You should have at least a good foundation to get a grip on this.

Anyhow, you really deliver, Jellby. Nice work!

It might be a good idea to get familiarized with Calibre and post your books in Sony Format, too!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The political ideas of these authors are a bit radically liberal minded to anarchical. Apart from that, this book is not for a real beginner in Italian. You should have at least a good foundation to get a grip on this.
I don't mind the ideas of the authors as long as it is a good story, and some comments I've read (and the first few chapters) suggest me that it could be so.

As for the language, yes, I guess it's not the easiest, but being a Spaniard it's a lot easier for me

Quote:
It might be a good idea to get familiarized with Calibre and post your books in Sony Format, too!
Hmm... Not for the moment. I would not be able to test the files, and my tries to install Calibre were unsuccessful (it seems in my newer system, Mandriva 2008, I'd need an even newer python). But not everything is lost. I keep all the source HTML files (hand-crafted) and I could send them to anyone interested.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I don't mind the ideas of the authors as long as it is a good story, and some comments I've read (and the first few chapters) suggest me that it could be so.

As for the language, yes, I guess it's not the easiest, but being a Spaniard it's a lot easier for me .
Well, this was not meant as a criticism, you know. I have read it myself and it was merely a warning. I quite enjoyed the text, myself. It just might be a bit of a dry bread for an amateur of the Italian language, sabe?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I've read the book now. I must admit the language was a bit tough for me at times, but nothing a little bit of imagination couldn't solve Made only minor formatting corrections. Uploaded v2.
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

New cover, some corrections and maps. Uploaded v3.

Tags
creative commons, italian, italiano