Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
jojovee
Enthusiast
jojovee began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Search by author, group multiple series

Is there a way to do this?

At the moment when I search by author, and click on the author name, a list of the authors books will display on the page. However, I was wondering if it is possible that once I search by author, and if the author has a number of books in different series that the individual series are grouped together or can be grouped together once I'm seeing all the authors books.

At the moment, the way that the authors books are displayed in the search, I don't know if the book is part of a series until I click into the book to get the synopsis and download options.

I know you can search by series and you'll get books just for that series, but sometimes I want to see all books by a particular author and see that they've written multiple books in different series.

Thanks!
jojovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovee View Post
Is there a way to do this?

At the moment when I search by author, and click on the author name, a list of the authors books will display on the page. However, I was wondering if it is possible that once I search by author, and if the author has a number of books in different series that the individual series are grouped together or can be grouped together once I'm seeing all the authors books.

At the moment, the way that the authors books are displayed in the search, I don't know if the book is part of a series until I click into the book to get the synopsis and download options.

I know you can search by series and you'll get books just for that series, but sometimes I want to see all books by a particular author and see that they've written multiple books in different series.

Thanks!
After the search, click the series column header (sorts by Series)
Also
Quick search the results. click (sets focus) the books series name, the tap 'Q'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:55 PM   #3
jojovee
Enthusiast

Sorry this is via the content server using safari or IE etc not in the calibre program itself.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry this is via the content server using safari or IE etc not in the calibre program itself.
OK
Select your author (search)
then click (picture) Sort
Select Series, (Select again to reverse order)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sort in CS.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	158469  
Old 08-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Btw if you click the series name in the Details of a member book, you see the members.
If you sort Series on that, they get ordered by number
Old 08-15-2017, 11:58 PM   #6
jojovee
Enthusiast

Thanks but I kinda mean something like this:
1.Click on author
2.IF author has multiple books with multiple series there is a list that is displayed, like this:
- Series 1
- Series 2
- Single individual book1 (to cater for an author book that is part of a series)
- Single individual book2 (as above)
3. Click on Series 1 or 2 to see books in that series

However I don't think what I've described above is possible
Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks but I kinda mean something like this:
1.Click on author
2.IF author has multiple books with multiple series there is a list that is displayed, like this:
- Series 1
- Series 2
- Single individual book1 (to cater for an author book that is part of a series)
- Single individual book2 (as above)
3. Click on Series 1 or 2 to see books in that series

However I don't think what I've described above is possible
Nope! Top level series is not hierarchical
books with no series will sort before/after the series depending on the sort direction., but all books will show

Tags
authors, grouping, series