Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
uclaser
Connoisseur
uclaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle2 International shipping out of stock?

Wanted to go buy a Kindle2 and it turns out that K2i for international shipping is out of stock? Is this perhaps a sign that a new Kindle 3 is coming out?
uclaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

It is the time of year that Amazon and Sony tend to release new readers, so I hope so. Sony has recently dropped the prices of their readers considerably. The next two months just might show us some cool new readers from a few manufacturers. The KDXG aside, many of the current readers are starting to show their age even if they are only 12 months old!
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
uclaser
Connoisseur

Good to hear but on the other hand, that means that I have to hold off buying my first ebook reader which is kind of a bummer.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaser View Post
Good to hear but on the other hand, that means that I have to hold off buying my first ebook reader which is kind of a bummer.
But you may get a better e-reader with more features for the same price or very little more!
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
M_Agnum
Bezos > Jobs
M_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I was going to buy my Dad a Kindle for his birthday which is coming up soon and saw that they were out of stock. Great...

I called up Customer Service, and they were very tight-lipped about the situation, probably indicating the arrival of a new device.
M_Agnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
uclaser
Connoisseur

Let the waiting begin then . August is looming
Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Agnum View Post
I was going to buy my Dad a Kindle for his birthday which is coming up soon and saw that they were out of stock. Great...

I called up Customer Service, and they were very tight-lipped about the situation, probably indicating the arrival of a new device.
Print out a picture of the Kindle from the Amazon site. Put it in a box and gift wrap it. When he opens it, tell him that it's out of stock and he's going to get one as soon as it's in stock or the new, improved model comes out. I wouldn't not give him one just because it's currently not in stock.

My wife and I have done this for each other and for other relatives when we order late or something doesn't show up in time. It may not be as good as actually having the item in hand, but it's the next best thing.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
Print out a picture of the Kindle from the Amazon site. Put it in a box and gift wrap it. When he opens it, tell him that it's out of stock and he's going to get one as soon as it's in stock or the new, improved model comes out. I wouldn't not give him one just because it's currently not in stock.

My wife and I have done this for each other and for other relatives when we order late or something doesn't show up in time. It may not be as good as actually having the item in hand, but it's the next best thing.
Great idea. Do encounter such problems myself, on and off.
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Well if a K3 is in the works for an imminent release, Amazon is smart as the 30-day return window for the KDXg is about to close.

I know if a K3 came out tomorrow, I'd return my KDXg. Watch, the K3 will be released on day 31 of the KDXg launch, preventing returns for early adopters.

Brilliant!
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #10
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You can check your local Target store and see if they have any Kindles in stock if you really want one now.

I would hold off because I think the K3 is about to be announced but if you don't care and want a Kindle today, check Target.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I like your conspiracy theories. What about this one... it went out of stock because of the price drop?
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
I fail to see some of the logic here. Even if Kindle 3 comes out tomorrow, why should that affect owners of the DX Graphite? Unless, of course, the Kindle 3 also comes out in a large screen model like the DXG. In that case, then yes, it would make sense to return the DXG and get the Kindle 3 large format. But if the Kindle 3 is only 6", it would not really compete with the DXG. The DXG is targeted at those who can and will benefit from the larger display size. There are many documents that simply don't look well on a 6" screen regardless of how good the document viewer is. The way I see it: The Kindle 3 will not compete with the DXG as long as the Kindle 3 is only 6". Now if there is, in fact, a large display Kindle 3 coming out along with the regular Kindle 3, then yes, by all means return the DXG now and wait for this device to come out.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #13
malligator
Enthusiast
malligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enough

Harley-Davidson just released their 2011 line-up this morning. Come on Amazon. Give me two things to drool over today.
malligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
DianaB
Voracious Reader
DianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
You can check your local Target store and see if they have any Kindles in stock if you really want one now.

I would hold off because I think the K3 is about to be announced but if you don't care and want a Kindle today, check Target.
The kindle has been out of stock on Target's web site for over a week. There are none in my local Targets.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #15
uclaser
Connoisseur

Ahhh.. still no news from Amazon. Early August perhaps?