Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of these two books should we read in September?
Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne 4 57.14%
Erebus: The Story of a Ship By Michael Palin. 3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #16
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
It will be a reread for me. But I read it in English the first time.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 03:59 PM   #17
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
We have an edition in the Patrica Clark Memorial Library as well - Verne, Jules: Around the World in 80 Days. v2. 14th Feb 2010

If you want a kepub or other format, Standard Ebooks also has a very nice edition.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2020, 05:21 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The version I am reading is translated by Michael Glencross. It's Pengun Classics version.

The version in the library (IMHO) is not as good as the one i am reading from my quick compare. Also, there is no translator listed. I don't like the wording as much. Also, the Standard Ebook version I don't like for the same reason as the one in the library.

I've had a look at the Oxford World's Classics version and I do like that one as well. It's similar to the Penguin version and is translated by Willam Butcher.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-26-2020 at 05:36 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote