Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
Keith Brooke
Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle
Hello from infinity plus

Hi,

Just a quick hello, as I've just signed up to Mobilread.

I'm based in the UK, have been writing and working in publishing for over twenty years, with books for various publishers and writing for magazines, newspapers, etc. For ten years I ran the genre fiction showcase infinity plus, featuring the work of a huge range of science-fiction, fantasy and horror authors; the site's still online as an archive, and has over two million words of fiction, a hundred author interviews and a thousand book reviews. Contributors include Jack Vance, Connie Willis, Michael Moorcock, Stephen Baxter and many more.

Late last year I relaunched infinity plus as an ebook imprint. We've brought out ebooks by some fantastic award-winning authors, including John Grant, Eric Brown and Iain Rowan, ranging from fantasy and science fiction, to crime, to just the plain strange and hard to categorise. We have more lined up from Paul di Filippo, Garry Kilworth, Molly Brown and others. We're certainly keeping busy!

You can find details of our books at www.infinityplus.co.uk/books

Anyhow, that's probably enough from me, but I'm looking forward to taking part in some of the conversations here.

Keith
Keith Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you seen the Author Self-Promotion Forum ... and also the Writers' Corner ... Just two of the many gems we have on board ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome Keith!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Keith and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Welcome to MobileRead, Keith!

I've discovered a lot of new authors via and pointed many people to the great selection of stories at your website over the years.

Best of luck to your e-book venture. I look forward to seeing what it brings.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:01 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Great to have your new company, Keith.

We have many mutual friends -- notably our former science fiction editor John Grant (Paul Barnett) SF and fantasy author and editor in the US.

And your excellent InfinityPlus ran a flattering review of my own small indie publishing house several years ago. I'd be most surprised if you and I have not touched base at some time in the past.

This is the first time I've heard of this exciting development, Keith, so I'll take a close look as soon as I've finished my daily session here.

Meantime, your company is much appreciated, I assure you. Happy Kindling, luck with the project and very best wishes. Neil (Neil Marr. Ed. BeWrite Books)

PS: And here's first karma to you simply for joining us. You have a lot to offer. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 AM   #8
Keith Brooke
Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Much appreciated! And nice to see that the infinity plus name is still recognised and appreciated.

Yes, Paul/John's a good friend. We've put out two of his books already: a new edition of his collection Take No Prisoners (with a couple of bonus novelettes thrown in) and his short novel Qinmeartha and the Girl-Child LoChi (with a bonus novella).

It's certainly been interesting making the move into ebooks. I do appreciate and enjoy working with the big commercial publishers (as proof of that, I've just signed up for a new novel with one of them in the last few days), but it's great to have this opportunity to do things ourselves and find niches that just don't work on a conglomerate scale.

Keith Brooke
infinity plus ebooks
Keith Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Still to take a look, Keith. It's an exciting but challenging time in this game. I'm sure that you, more than most, are up to it and well prepared to make the very best of the opportunities now open. Hope to be in touch, mate. Cheers for now. Neil

PS: We're still running two of Paul/John's titles: *The Hundredfold Problem* and *The Far Enough Window*. We also still have Dave Hutchinson and David Langford on the books. All mutual pals, I think, Keith. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crime, fantasy, infinity plus, sci fi, science fiction