Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #31
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kobo: Aura6", H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
In earlier firmware versions my self produced dutch-german dictionary was working perfectly. But now the Kobo Reader doesn't recognize it anymore. The filename is dicthtml-nl-de.zip.
Has anyone an idea what the problem is?
Since firmware 4.8.xxxxx it is no longer sufficient to simply copy your custom dictionaries into the .kobo\dict directory. Now you will also need to make sure there is an entry for each dictionary in your Kobo SQLite database .kobo\KoboReader.sqlite.

In your case, both Dutch and German are already Kobo-supported languages so there isn't a lot extra you will need to do, but you will need to find and use an SQLite editor utility. I use the free SQLiteSpy on Windows 10, but there are others.

Whichever utility you choose you will need to find the appropriate way to open the database file, then run an SQL command to update the Dictionary table. It should look something like this:
Code:
INSERT INTO "Dictionary" VALUES('-nl-de','Nederlands - Deutsch','true',nnnnnn,'','true');
but replace nnnnnn with the exact size (in bytes) of your dicthtml-nl-de.zip file.

ETA:
  • I'm not sure, but you may need to do a full power recycle after doing the database update.
  • If you're not familiar using SQL you may want to take a copy of the database to practice on.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-26-2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: ETA
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:03 PM   #32
Dirk-71
Connoisseur
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Aura H2O 2nd Edition (V1), Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Since firmware 4.8.xxxxx it is no longer sufficient to simply copy your custom dictionaries into the .kobo\dict directory. Now you will also need to make sure there is an entry for each dictionary in your Kobo SQLite database .kobo\KoboReader.sqlite.

In your case, both Dutch and German are already Kobo-supported languages so there isn't a lot extra you will need to do, but you will need to find and use an SQLite editor utility. I use the free SQLiteSpy on Windows 10, but there are others.

Whichever utility you choose you will need to find the appropriate way to open the database file, then run an SQL command to update the Dictionary table. It should look something like this:
Code:
INSERT INTO "Dictionary" VALUES('-nl-de','Nederlands - Deutsch','true',nnnnnn,'','true');
but replace nnnnnn with the exact size (in bytes) of your dicthtml-nl-de.zip file.

ETA:
  • I'm not sure, but you may need to do a full power recycle after doing the database update.
  • If you're not familiar using SQL you may want to take a copy of the database to practice on.
Thanks a lot!!! I found the article where it is described!

I got it working!
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dictionaries, kobo, languages