Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #91
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
My first conversion with Kepubify today, on windows. I just dragged and dropped the file on the exe icon, and obtained the kepub. When I open the kepub on my pc, a big part of the text shows as red characters, while some of it is black. The issue looks like random (change of color even midway sentence). When I open the book in my Kobo Clara, the red characters show as grey, so they are not easily readable.
The conversion in Calibre with Kepub Output works fine.
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:55 PM   #92
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
One question is why Kepubify adds <div class="book-columns"> and <div class="book-inner"> to the start of each file? Looking at several Kobo kepub, they added <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" id="book-columns"> and <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" id="book-inner">.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-24-2019 at 09:31 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #93
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One question is why Kepubfy adds <div class="book-columns"> and <div class="book-inner"> to the start of each file? Looking at several Kobo kepub, they added <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" id="book-columns"> and <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" id="book-inner">.
OK, the class vs id seems like a mistake I made, probably when doing the recent refactor of the conversion code. The xmlns is unnecessary there. Thanks for letting me know! I'll release a fix now.

Update: fix released in v2.3.2

Last edited by geek1011; 02-24-2019 at 09:13 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify, kobo