Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #76
jakewalk
iPhone Rookie
jakewalk began at the beginning.

Device: Clié TH55, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@jakewalk: You should be able to pass the IP address as --hostname to the server. For example is you use --hostname 2.3.4.5 your links in the feed will look like http://2.3.4.5:8080/get/epub/594
I had tested it with the IP and it didn't work. When I just tested it, it works as it should. Don't know what I did wrong last time.
jakewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #77
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Using the leading forward slash on the relative URL worked Kovid! Sorry about that. This should work great for everyone now.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #78
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
Using the leading forward slash on the relative URL worked Kovid! Sorry about that. This should work great for everyone now.
great the next release will use relative URLs
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #79
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish
tHeFiRsTiDioT began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v, Sony PRS 505, HTC Incredible, Pocketbook IQ
105 works perfectly with the ip - started the server through the gui.
Thanks Kovid
tHeFiRsTiDioT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #80
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
I just tried 105 and its looking great. One problem I found is that the tags are being added to the content server stanza output with a comma following every letter. Here's an example:

Quote:
<div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="text-align: center">TAGS: s, c, i, e, n, c, e, , f, i, c, t, i, o, n<br />SUMMARY:
P.S. On the calibre content server web page, could you make the Calibre logo a link to your web page?
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #81
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
I just tried 105 and its looking great. One problem I found is that the tags are being added to the content server stanza output with a comma following every letter. Here's an example:

P.S. On the calibre content server web page, could you make the Calibre logo a link to your web page?
fixed and done
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #82
abbad0n
abbad0n began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Just started using calibre with stanza on the iphone, and it's a great program. However I've run into a problem. I have too many books.

I've noticed that the default online catalogs that come with stanza have search capability, but the feed generated by calibre does not. Any idea when that could be implemented? Besides an index structure, that would be the most helpful. Currently I have to constantly scroll through the (I believe) "ordered by entry into the library date" list. Since it's an RSS feed it's understandable. Either having the ability to resort the feed by another parameter (title/author/tag/publisher), or search would really help out.

Unfortunately I have zero experience programming in python, so I can't attempt it myself.
abbad0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #83
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

search should be implemented in the stanza app, you should open a ticket on the stanza website.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #84
abbad0n

Thanks. I'll contact them.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #85
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Summary generated by calibredb

I am using the latest version of calibre (0.4.105) and I find that the calibredb program is inserting <PRE> ... </PRE> tags around summary in the generated XML when I use the command:
calibredb --output-format=stanza --prefix=.

I am not using the built-in web server as I want to use the web server on my NAS box.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #86
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
When I try the stanza, I dont seem to be getting any books showing up. I tried the test server setting in calibre and it just gives me a blank page with the calibre logo ontop. Is there something I may be missing. I have 30 books in the library all converted to Epub.

I have set in stanza on the itouch the correct server name etc as I also get a webpage but no books showing up.

The stanza also give an error something to do with cherrypy and 500 internal server error

DO I have to update something.

Running on Vista.

Last edited by gandor62; 11-30-2008 at 04:08 AM.
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #87
abbad0n

gandor: Are you running the touch version of stanza and adding the server to the Online Catalog section of stanza? Or are you trying to use Mobile Safari to view the server (from your description this appears to be what you are doing since you mention a web page), and get content? BTW, this method does not work with the stanza on touch to get books from your library. Also, which URL are you using?

Example for use as Online Catalog:
Code:
http://server:port/stanza
The last part of the URL is very important for stanza to recognize it as an Online Catalog. If you leave the "/stanza" off you go to a webpage (in a browser, not in the stanza app) for access/download of content over the network.

Also you might want to mention which version of calibre and stanza you are using. And, whether or not you have a password set for the Calibre webserver. The more information you give, the better others can help you.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #88
fi_bones
fi_bones began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, 2g
When I try to type in the URL to be able to access my calibre books online as an online catalog in stanza, I get "Catalog Error can't find host." When I tried the test server in calibre I was able to view the ebooks on my laptop.

For the URL I typed in http://ipaddress:8080/stanza.

I have Stanza 1.7 and calibre 0.4.140.

I am running on Vista.

Any help would be appreciated.
fi_bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #89
joe.chesster
joe.chesster began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Stanza
Calibre connection to Ipod with Stanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi_bones View Post
When I try to type in the URL to be able to access my calibre books online as an online catalog in stanza, I get "Catalog Error can't find host." When I tried the test server in calibre I was able to view the ebooks on my laptop.

For the URL I typed in http://ipaddress:8080/stanza.

I have Stanza 1.7 and calibre 0.4.140.

I am running on Vista.

Any help would be appreciated.
fi_bones,

I had a similar problem. Here's what worked for me to fix it. Hit your start menu and type "cmd" in the search bar. In the prompt type "ipconfig". For the list that's displayed, look at "IPv4 Address" and use this for your ip address.

Everything else you did looks fine. I had previously tried http://whatismyip.com and that ip didn't work for me, but the "IPv4 Address" did. Hope this works for you!
joe.chesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #90
tecgeo
tecgeo began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, iPad, kindle3, Kobo Clara
I had the same problem too. I used my router's admin setup facility to find my Vists computer's IP address on my local wireless net and that worked fine for the webserver address. To keep the address from being dynamically changed in the future I reserved that address for the server computer using the router utility. I set calibre to come up on startup so now all my books are available any time I have the server running.
tecgeo is offline   Reply With Quote