Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 12:28 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The only list I found earlier was https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...al/plugins.rst. But that doesn't have everything and doesn't split the subtypes. Otherwise, I would have to hunt through the code.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:40 AM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Very meta discussion here.

As I said above:

"An Interface Plugin [(__init_.py subclasses InterfaceActionBase)] is referred to in layman's speech (i.e. end-user readable index listing) as a GUI Plugin."

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-19-2016 at 12:43 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2016, 12:59 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Should show up in get plugins after next the plugin roundup
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #19
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
@BetterRed - I'll post some screenshots in a bit I think I may have found a bug so I'll probably be fixing that and updating today or tomorrow as well
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:55 AM   #20
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
What's JimmXinu got to do with it
[schultz]I know NOTHING![/schultz]

@szarroug3, you might consider adding a brief explanation of what an x-ray file is an why you might want them. I had to look it up.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2016, 06:12 PM   #21
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

@JimmXinu aka "YouKnowNOTHINGJimmXinu", done. Let me know if you think it's adequate.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #22
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, your images in the first post are huge.

Can the x-ray data come from other sources? The front page of shelfari says "Shelfari is merging with Goodreads"
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
@BetterRed - I'll post some screenshots in a bit I think I may have found a bug so I'll probably be fixing that and updating today or tomorrow as well
@szarroug3I - can you upload those images to MR so that they display as thumbnails, its the paper clip tool in advanced mode.

There's a limit of 600x600px on displayed picture sizes, see Guidelines at bottom of page. If you leave them as is, the picture police will nuke 'em.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #24
szarroug3
Zealot

@JimmXinu and @BetterRed - Done. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:31 AM   #25
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FYI, your images in the first post are huge.

Can the x-ray data come from other sources? The front page of shelfari says "Shelfari is merging with Goodreads"
Sorry forgot to answer about the x-ray data coming from other sources. As of right now, it only comes from shelfari because that's the only place I can find that information. I know they're merging goodreads but goodreads currently doesn't have character, terms, and glossary information. Once it does, I will gladly switch because shelfari takes a pretty long time to load in turn slowing down my plugin.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #26
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
can u please tell me why only mobi ebook gets the x ray while azw3 ebooks fails
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #27
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
can u please tell me why only mobi ebook gets the x ray while azw3 ebooks fails
I haven't done any research on how azw3 files are formatted so I can't create the x-ray for it just yet. That being said, I will look into it.

You can convert the files to mobi in Calibre and use that instead until I find a way to do this for azw3.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #28
fardeenah
Connoisseur

thank you so in other word it will only work if its in mobi format then. what if i convert the book to mobi format and create the x ray and then transfer only the azw3 version of the ebook to the kindle, will the x ray still works or does it require mobi only, sorry i dont have my kindle to test it right now
Old 04-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #29
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
thank you so in other word it will only work if its in mobi format then. what if i convert the book to mobi format and create the x ray and then transfer only the azw3 version of the ebook to the kindle, will the x ray still works or does it require mobi only, sorry i dont have my kindle to test it right now
I honestly don't know. I've never tried it that way. The only thing the x-ray file references is the location within the book's html. I don't know if the conversion affects the HTML so I can't say either way. There is one other caveat.. The xray file name has an ID that has to match one of the ID's in the azw3's metadata. It's called an ASIN.. Calibre puts their own custom ID in it and I use that for the ID unless it's missing. If it's not in the book's metadata, I do a search to get it from amazon and then put it in the book and the name of the x-ray file. If the azw3 doesn't match, kindle won't recognize that the book has an x-ray. Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you prefer azw3 over mobi?

Last edited by szarroug3; 04-21-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #30
fardeenah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you prefer azw3 over mobi?
its my impression that azw3 files are have better formatting of text that the kindle takes advantage of, maybe i'm wrong. also its more compressed

Last edited by fardeenah; 04-21-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Tags
x-ray