Notices

Old 08-24-2015, 07:27 AM   #1
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Restrict search to Library

Hi,

whenever I choose the search bar on my Kobo Glo it offers to search online first (even though I haven't turned on the WLAN). In fact, I never want to search online. So, is there a configuration or patch that simply preselects my own library (i.e., the books on the reader) for searching?

Cheers, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Yes, using the patch that GeoffR posts for every new version of the firmware you should be able to do that. Just search the Kobo Developer's Corner for "Instructions for patching firmware" and choose the one that corresponds to your firmware version.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumann View Post
Hi,
whenever I choose the search bar on my Kobo Glo it offers to search online first (even though I haven't turned on the WLAN). In fact, I never want to search online. So, is there a configuration or patch that simply preselects my own library (i.e., the books on the reader) for searching?
See dmapr's comment, but just to clarify the stock firmware behaviour: From the home page, the default is to search the Kobo store (change the dropdown box to change that, but you have to do it each time, just as you do if you search the from other locations). From your Library, the default is to search your Library. From within a book, the default is to search within that book.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Perfect. Thanks a lot for that pointer :-)

Cheers, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote