Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #106
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Marvel Monday is on a bunch of Black Panther. You have two more hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaysee View Post
Apologies if I've overlooked an earlier mention of this.

The Foglios are Kickstarting the latest Girl Genius volume, The City of Lightning. The Kickstarter runs through April 12th and is fully funded, with the book for backers at $10 PDF/$25 softcover/$50 hardcover. The previous volumes are also on sale for mostly $4-5 apiece as watermarked PDFs at DriveThruComics.
I haven't kept up with Foglio's stuff since his Dragon magazine days about 40 years ago. Used to love his What's New strip or whatever it was called. I'll check this out.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:14 AM   #107
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Thank you for the Eric Shanower and Emperor Joker recommendations. Emperor Joker looks interesting, but it'll have to wait, as I purchased several books from the Fantagraphics sale. I picked up Litte Adventures in Oz, though. (And thanks to elaysee for mentioning that Kickstarter campaign.)

This link makes it easier to browse the IDW All-Ages Sale: https://www.comixology.com/IDW-All-Ages-Sale/page/10257
I am surprised to see that Jeff Brown writes for children. All I've read by him is about his sex life and failed relationships. I'll check out his series later on.
Ends 4/29.

From Vertigo a sale on 17 TPBs or graphic novels: https://www.comixology.com/Vertigo-C...ale/page/10274. The random weird number chosen this time is 53: "Up to 53% off". Maybe it's a subtle reference to that upcoming Rebirth event. They are moving beyond 52. All collections are $6.99/€5.99.
American Vampire Vol 7
Mad Max: Fury Road
FBP: Federal Bureau of Psychics Vol. 1-3
Coffin Hill Vol 1-2
Effigy: Idle Worship
Suiciders
Wolf Moon
The Names
Bodies
Hunterkind Vol 1-3 (this is the whole series)
Get Jiro!
Fable: The Wolf Among Us Vol 1
Ends 4/11

From Boom a sale on Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep?: https://www.comixology.com/Do-Androi...ale/page/10283
1 bundle, 9 collections, and 24 issues (can't check right now, but I think the first omnibus was offered in a recent Boom! bundle).
Ends 4/8.

From Les Humanoïdes Associés a sale on Moebius works: https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=10746&lang=1
It's in French, but it's Moebius, so I thought it worth mentioning. (Select "All Languages" if you don't see anything when following that link).
Unknown duration.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:07 AM   #108
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whew, you just saved me some cash with mentioning that Do Androids Dream? was in a Humble Bundle. I checked what I thought was my only Boom Bundle and it wasn't there, so had the Comixolgy bundle in my cart. But after reading your post I searched my Humble library and there it was! Thanks again!
Old 04-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #109
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DC weekly sale celebrates the 50th anniversary of Poison Ivy, who proves once more that nobody ages as gracefully as Batman: https://www.comixology.com/Poison-Iv...ale/page/10354
Any recommendation? Ends 4/18.

From Delcourt a sale on Elves: https://www.comixology.com/Elves-Sale/page/10350?. 4 volumes for $1.99 or €1.79 and a bundle for $7.99 or €6.99.
Has anyone read this? Ends 4/18.

From Marvel a sale on Captain America collections: https://www.comixology.com/Captain-A...ale/page/10355.
Ends 4/25.

From Marvel a coupon to get the first 5 issues of the newest Doctor Strange series for 50% off: https://www.comixology.com/Doctor-St...ale/page/10376 Use promo code: MAGIC. Ends 4/15.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:44 AM   #110
hemisphire
Connoisseur
hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, HP Pre2, Touchpad
DriveThruComics.com bundle for RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) includes Witchblade, D&D Classics, Executive Assistant Iris, Alan Moore's Future Shocks, Liberty Girl, and more! $111 worth of comics for only $20!

https://www.drivethrucomics.com/prod...attNotes041316
hemisphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:28 PM   #111
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Choosing "select all" at Comixology's Free Comics page yielded me the following issues today. YMMV:

Issues
Price
Captain America 75th Anniversary Magazine #1

Sold by: Marvel

$0.00
Marvel Avengers Alliance (2016) #1

Sold by: Marvel

$0.00
Alterna AnniverSERIES: The Big Bad Book

Sold by: comiXology

$0.00
Living Level 3 Vol. 1: Iraq

$0.00
CBLDF Defender #5

$0.00

Last edited by Froide; 04-14-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #112
Andanzas
Out of print

Is it Women's Day or something like that in the US? A couple sales highlighting female characters have joined the current Poison Ivy sale from DC.

From Marvel, a Women of Power Sale that features five collections, including Ms. Marvel vol 1 or Captain Marvel vol 1: https://www.comixology.com/Women-of-...ale/page/10397
Ends 4/21.

From Dark Horse a Heroines Who Rule Sale: https://www.comixology.com/Dark-Hors...ale/page/10378.
If you purchased the recent Humble Buffy Bundle, this might be a good chance to fill in the gaps.
Buffy The Vampire Slayer! (23 Items)
Angel & Faith (8 Items)
Tomb Raider (3 Items)
Ghost (9 Items)
Empowered (10 Items)
More Dark Horse Heroines! (2 Items)
Ends 4/21.

And from IDW a Parent Advisory Sale that seems to be an excellent counterpoint to the IDW All-Ages sale: https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Paren...ale/page/10396.
This looks full of interesting stuff. I am going to pick up Lost Girls (which apparently is not Alan Moore at his best, but I have always wanted to read it), The Suicide Forest, Brooklyn Dreams, and perhaps Infinite Kung Fu and any other recommended here. I've been told Lucille and Renée are great.
Ends 4/18.

Trevor, the 4 Richard Stark's Parker books were included in a previous humble bundle. You are welcome.

By the way, just yesterday I read an interview with El Torres (the writer of The Suicide Forest and The Veil, both included in this sale), and he seemed quite disconcerted because two recent movies, The Forest and The Veil, have just been released and both seemed to have a little bit too much in common with his graphic novels.

Last edited by Andanzas; 04-15-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:45 AM   #113
Andanzas
Out of print

From Image a huge sale on Eisner nominees: https://www.comixology.com/Image-Eisner-Sale/page/10458
47 collections and 274 issues. I think this is the first time The Fade Out has been offered on sale in its entirety.
Ends 4/25.

The DC weekly sale is on Earth 2: https://www.comixology.com/Earth-2-Sale/page/10429
Earth 2 (32 Items)
Earth 2: World's End (26 Items)
Earth 2: Society (2 Items)
Worlds' Finest (26 Items)
Ends 4/25.

From Zenescope a sale on The Jungle Book: https://www.comixology.eu/The-Jungle...ale/page/10430
1 bundle, 2 collections, 15 single issues, and lots of bikinis.
Ends 4/25.

From Dynamite a sale on Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files https://www.comixology.com/Jim-Butch...ale/page/10431
Ends 4/22.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #114
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for:

Humble Comics Bundle My Little Pony 2 presented by IDW, chock-full of tie-in titles to the highly popular My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic cartoon series.

Current average is $9 (more books to be added next week), top tier is $15; option for a special HB-exclusive paperback book with what looks like a new story in it at $25 (including worldwide shipping). No idea how much, if any, overlap was with the previous bundle. But it does look like all the TPB-equivalent volumes start with Vol. 1, and the collected volumes seem to go up pretty high, so probably a good jumping-on point for new readers?

Quote:
My Little Bundle. Why pony up tons of cash for comics when you can pay what you want instead? Take a ride to the bundle corral and discover the magic of friendship with this new bundle of My Little Pony comics!

Pay what you want for My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Vol. 1-3; My Little Pony: Pony Tales, Vol. 1-2; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Vol. 1-5; My Little Pony Cover Gallery #1; My Little Pony Art Gallery; My Little Pony: The Magic Begins; My Little Pony: When Cutie Calls; and My Little Pony: Animated, Vol. 3: The Return of Harmony.

Pay more than the average price to also receive My Little Pony: Adventures in Friendship, Vol. 1-4; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Vol. 6-7; My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Vol. 4-5; and My Little Pony: Art is Magic.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Vol. 8-9; My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Vol. 6; My Little Pony Holiday Special; My Little Pony: Pageants & Ponies; My Little Pony: A Canterlot Wedding; My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Holiday Special; and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls.

Want a physical books? Pay $25 of more for the entire bundle + My Little Pony: Humble Bundle Hardcover Book.

Last edited by ATDrake; 04-20-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Actually not a collectible hardcover.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:10 AM   #115
Andanzas
Out of print

Marvel is offering a BOGO sale that is particularly generous because it includes MAX titles and new releases. It just excludes preorders and Icon titles. Use code Marvel at cart page. Ends 4/24.

Also from Marvel, there is a Miles Morales/Nova Sale (43 Items at $.99/.€.89 each). I suspect it ends today, but there is no room for it in the main page, so I can't find the end date: https://www.comixology.com/Miles-Mor...ale/list/11005

Dynamite is offering two Game of Thrones bundles. The name is somewhat misleading, as most of the content in both bundles is not GoT related.
Comixology: https://www.comixology.com/Game-of-T...le/bundle/1373. 18 comics: 4 GoT issues, and 7 each of Wheel of Time and Pathfinder (these last two have been bundled several times before, so you might own them already).
$3. Ends 5/2.

And Groupees: https://groupees.com/gameofthrones
I only see 1 tier for $5. Ends in 12 days.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:41 AM   #116
TrevorViking
Wizard

What do I want in retirement; housing and healthcare, or Marvel comics? Hmmmm....
Old 04-22-2016, 09:17 AM   #117
TrevorViking
Wizard

On the current Marvel b1g1f sale, you can save by adding three of the $.99 Nova/Miles Morales sale titles first, then three full price matching $3.99 or $1.99 titles, and then the MARVEL code. More than three at a time and the cart gets wonky and you don't get the maximum discount. Repeat as necessary until all Nova/Miles sale titles are purchased.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:49 PM   #118
TrevorViking
Wizard

It also works with the sale Captain America collections, letting you get a free $9-15 collection with a $4.99 sale purchase.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:55 PM   #119
Andanzas
Out of print

^ I am glad to see you chose wisely. For a moment I feared you might go with housing and healthcare.

Also, don't forget to check out Amazon. They are having a 50% off sale on most (all?) Marvel collections, so you might find better deals there, depending on your location.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #120
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
^ I am glad to see you chose wisely. For a moment I feared you might go with housing and healthcare.

Also, don't forget to check out Amazon. They are having a 50% off sale on most (all?) Marvel collections, so you might find better deals there, depending on your location.
I've had an Amazon account for years but only created a ComiXology account recently. It's linked to my Amazon account. I noticed that when I registered the app, it allowed me to transfer my Kindle purchases to the ComiXology app.

Is it better for me to keep buying titles on Amazon, or buy new ones through ComiXology? Thank you.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote