Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2022, 06:35 AM   #3901
Methanoid
Methanoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Nevermind.. I see its only latest devices that do the S/Saver. My Kindle is a 4.1.4 FW and jailbroken years ago.
Re-did the JB and SS hack and now its working. Maybe my JB was just too old and got confused (like me!)
Methanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:58 AM   #3902
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Re-did the JB and SS hack and now its working. Maybe my JB was just too old and got confused (like me!)
Well done on solving the problem.
You can find more info on koreader here: http://koreader.rocks/
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2022, 09:26 AM   #3903
thetomino
thetomino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle v3
Jailbreak for Kindle v3 but version 3.4.3?

Any idea where to find jailbreak for Kindle v3 version 3.4.3? I just found links leading here to this forum and to wiki where there is Jailbreak just up to 3.2. version. Would I screw up my device if I use jailbreak for 3.2. version?

Or any hint where to find correct jailbreak?

Thanks a lot.
thetomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:15 PM   #3904
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I keep forgetting to update the thread. Assume anything that reads 3.2 also reads 3.4, everything works there .

EDIT: Oh, wait, I did that already. Read the instructions carefully, it mentions what works on 3.4 (i.e., the > 3.2 stuff).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:13 PM   #3905
JZ Ikorna
JZ Ikorna began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle paperwhite, kindle fire
Does anyone know if there is an existing Aurebesh font package?

If not and I need to make my own, do the fonts named mono have to be monospaced fonts, etc?
JZ Ikorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2022, 05:10 AM   #3906
BigProblems
BigProblems began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I am tried to install KUAL after the jailbreak - so I copied the azw2 file into the documents folder of my Kindle DXG and when I tried to open it after a restart - I got a error regarding the lack of a developer signature. Whats the fix to this?
BigProblems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 04:12 PM   #3907
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By installing MKK (c.f., the snapshots thread).
Old 01-03-2023, 02:03 AM   #3908
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Trying to apply JB to a k3 keyboard UK B00A but all I get is a failed with U007 error in bottom corner... FW3.4.3... Any ideas what to do next?

PS incase it had JB applied I tried every JB uninstall I could find and no difference same Error.
Also did factory reset

Actually have the Same issue on a K4NT 4.1.4 fw

Last edited by lohtse; 01-03-2023 at 06:25 AM.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 07:06 AM   #3909
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
There are some other system files that were modified.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:26 AM   #3910
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
There are some other system files that were modified.
if you are refering to me nope... not that I am aware. They are both second hand and came from an owner who would be nervous about updating things let alone modifying any thing....And the only things I have done is Update fw's if needed add wifi key's and add books.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:20 AM   #3911
lohtse
Groupie

Anyone have any ideas about the above issues???
Old 01-04-2023, 05:21 PM   #3912
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
Anyone have any ideas about the above issues???
Use Kubrick to wipe and restore the devices, life's too short to bother with diagnosing and fixing whatever's wrong with them: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206064
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:38 AM   #3913
lohtse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
Use Kubrick to wipe and restore the devices, life's too short to bother with diagnosing and fixing whatever's wrong with them: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206064
SO I download a heap of software, boot up using it, to fix something thats not broken to probably find the same issue. and you complain about life is too short!!!

And this on two devices I have now confirmed have only ever been updated and never modded lol

Last edited by lohtse; 01-05-2023 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:57 PM   #3914
lohtse
Groupie

So for shits n giggles thought Iwould try the Kubrick suggestion... Well Nope I still get the U007 error message, So sparky(katadelos) what is your next clever answer? Or should we take the time to figure out what is atcually going on?

Last edited by lohtse; 01-05-2023 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:51 PM   #3915
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I'm sure you're aware you've effectively ensured no-one will ever bother helping you with that attitude, right? ;o).

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet