Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
ashanrath
ashanrath began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel 2
Question OPDS Filenames

Hi, I've searched around the web and these forums without much success. I'm using OPDS feeds to pull books from Calibre to a Kobo running KOReader. Unfortunately KOReader doesn't support sorting via metadata, only file attributes.

I know that we can customise filename output for Send to Device and Save to Disk, but this doesn't seem to apply to OPDS downloads and I can't find any equivalent functionality.

I've got plugboards setup for the title field but ideally I'd be able to apply that template to the OPDS download filename too. Am I missing something or is this not supported functionality?

Thanks.
ashanrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
filenames when downloading from a server are ultimately controlled by the client. The calibre server does set the Content-disposition http header with a suggested filename (which you can control via plugboards) but clients are free to ignore that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2021, 11:26 PM   #3
ashanrath
ashanrath began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel 2
Ah that makes sense. Thanks Kovid, I might look into the KOReader repo and test out a modification to the logic. Appreciate the insight.
ashanrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #4
BrightSquirrel
BrightSquirrel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I don't know if this helps you at all, but your post here gave me an idea. I did this on my Paperwhite 2 itself.

You will need to show hidden files and unsupported files. You can get to the text editor by long pressing on the file, selecting Open with... on the menu that appears, select the Text Editor radio button, then click on open.

I was just fine with the filename being the title. So I edited
Code:
opdsbrowser.lua
found in
Code:
/mnt/us/koreader/plugins/opds.koplugin
I then deleted lines 541-543
Code:
    if item.author then
        filename = item.author .. " - " .. filename
    end
And then restarted KOReader

After that, when I download with OPDS the filename is just the book title.
BrightSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filename, koreader, opds