Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 05:45 AM   #1
notareader69
notareader69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
how can I transfer the progress of my books from one kindle to another?

I just online ordered my kindle 2021 and it'll be here in a few days. In the meantime, I don't use kindle unlimited on my old kindle and prefer to just plug and play and transfer my books from my computer to the kindle directly. Is there a particular folder I'd need to copy from my old to new kindle in order to keep the progress of all my current ebooks intact? thanks!
notareader69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:32 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
If those books were bought on Kindle Store most of them will have DRM protection and you will not be able to just copy the same file from one Kindle device to another.
Not unless you strip the DRM before transferring the files to a new Kindle device.
Amazon's DRM locks the files to a particular device (based on device's serial number IIRC).

So the choices are either re-download those books (in batches of 10? books at a time) from your Amazon account or deDRM the existing copies (if those aren"t in KFX format ) taken from the old Kindle.

As always all book files are in "/documents" folder...

Last edited by shamanNS; 01-07-2022 at 07:39 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2022, 02:09 PM   #3
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I believe this thread answered that question.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 05:34 AM   #4
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
If those books were bought on Kindle Store most of them will have DRM protection and you will not be able to just copy the same file from one Kindle device to another.
Not unless you strip the DRM before transferring the files to a new Kindle device.
Amazon's DRM locks the files to a particular device (based on device's serial number IIRC).

So the choices are either re-download those books (in batches of 10? books at a time) from your Amazon account or deDRM the existing copies (if those aren"t in KFX format ) taken from the old Kindle.

As always all book files are in "/documents" folder...
...but if they were bought on Amazon, the book progress will be stored, so all that needs to be done is to download the books from Amazon to the new Kindle.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote