Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-14-2022, 08:30 AM   #5611
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Arc Manor's free eBook this month is The Best of L. Sprague de Camp.
Thank you! One of those authors I've wanted to catch up with for years.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:27 AM   #5612
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Today's Big Deal at Kindle UK is seven sci-fi/fantasy books (much more on the fantasy side IMO) for £0.99 each:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_ac...ode=4725112031
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:40 AM   #5613
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Today's Big Deal at Kindle UK is seven sci-fi/fantasy books (much more on the fantasy side IMO) for £0.99 each:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_ac...ode=4725112031
All self-published franchises, as far as I can see. Weaveworld was originally trad-published (I have a hardback lurking around somewhere), but now appears self-published. I did look at a couple, but frankly wasn't impressed enough to click 'buy now'.

On the other hand, the Paul Draper looks interesting enough to try - it's an anthology, and my standards for those tend to be a bit lower than a full-length novel, and 99p is worth the punt.

Last edited by maddz; 01-16-2022 at 09:43 AM.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:56 PM   #5614
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Took a chance on this one because I actually liked the movie... Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Box Set. Doesn't hurt that the VIP discount applies on top of the sale...
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:58 PM   #5615
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Weaveworld was originally trad-published (I have a hardback lurking around somewhere), but now appears self-published.
Crossroad Press isn't self published. They're a largish small press and if you are interested in horror, they have work from a lot of great authors.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:18 AM   #5616
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Crossroad Press isn't self published. They're a largish small press and if you are interested in horror, they have work from a lot of great authors.
I stand corrected. I'm not that interested in horror which is probably why I've not heard of them before.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:22 AM   #5617
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Junction by Daniel M. Bensen is $0.99 at Amazon US

Quote:
When Japanese nature show host Daisuke Matsumori finds himself on an alien world, he hopes to rekindle his passion for his work. Traveling through a newly-discovered wormhole in the Papuan highlands, he joins biologist Anne Houlihan on Junction, a patchwork planet of competing alien ecosystems.

When their exploratory party crashes in the alien wilderness, Daisuke and Anne try to lead bickering soldiers and civilians back to civilization alive. As they trek across one unearthly biome after another and members of the party continue to die, however, Daisuke wonders whether human politics might be more deadly than alien biology. One of his companions might be a murderer.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:56 PM   #5618
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Kobo also has it at $0.99, in Australia at least. Normally it is $11.99.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:36 AM   #5619
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Castle in the Air (Howl's Castle Book 2) by Diana Wynne Jones is $1.99

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008LUYX...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:50 PM   #5620
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Castle in the Air (Howl's Castle Book 2) by Diana Wynne Jones is $1.99

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008LUYX...v_ov_lig_dp_it
I wish the first book would go on sale. It's not the story of thing I usually read, but I remember starting the paperback many years ago while sitting in a waiting room and enjoying the fairie tale-style of the writing. Ereaderiq says it's been $1.99 in the last year, but no date is listed.

Saw the Ghibli film, but I don't think the two stories are really very close.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 01-19-2022 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:31 AM   #5621
salty-horse
Guru
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Ereaderiq says it's been $1.99 in the last year, but no date is listed.
That message is usually false, despite them storing accurate historical data - I tried emailing them about it but got no response. (I also mentioned how insecure their website is. The login process is just an email with no password - if someone annoys me I can subscribe them for notifications, or delete their existing alerts.)

You can see the exact dates of each price point in the graph below. That price is from December 2020.

The collected trilogy was on sale for $6 in October 2021.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #5622
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
(I also mentioned how insecure their website is. The login process is just an email with no password - if someone annoys me I can subscribe them for notifications, or delete their existing alerts.)
I find that a feature, not a bug.

What you say is true. But the chances of ether of those things happening is virtually nil. It seems like a low security/low risk site to me.

Quote:
That price is from December 2020.
I wonder how I missed it? I've been tracking the book for a while.

Did you go and delete it
Old 01-20-2022, 09:00 AM   #5623
jbusnengo
jbusnengo began at the beginning.

Device: multiple (Windows laptop/Android phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
(I also mentioned how insecure their website is. The login process is just an email with no password - if someone annoys me I can subscribe them for notifications, or delete their existing alerts.)

FYI, they have added the option to add a password to your account. It won't stop you from spamming someone else, but it at least puts a speed bump in the way of someone else spamming you.
jbusnengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:07 AM   #5624
salty-horse
Guru
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Year’s Best African Speculative Fiction edited by Oghenechovwe Donald Ekpeki is FREE on the publisher's website.

This is in protest of Amazon banning their account (now fixed) and not paying them royalties (still an issue). If you wish to support them, please use one of the other listed storefronts.

Quote:
The first ever Year's Best African speculative fiction anthology with works from some of the most exciting voices, old and new, published in the 2020 year.

“Where You Go” by Somto O. Ihezue
“Things Boys Do” by Pemi Aguda
“Giant Steps” by Russell Nichols
“The Future in Saltwater” by Tamara Jerée
“The ThoughtBox” by Tlotlo Tsamaase
“The Parts That Make Us Monsters” by Sheree Renée Thomas
“Scar Tissue” by Tobias S. Buckell
“Ancestries” by Sheree Renée Thomas
“Breath of the Sahara” by Inegbenoise O. Osagie
“The Many Lives of an Abiku” by Tobi Ogundiran
“A Love Song for Herkinal as composed by Ashkernas amid the ruins of New Haven” by Chinelo Onwualu
“A Curse at Midnight” by Moustapha Mbacké Diop
“A Mastery of German” by Marian Denise Moore
“Are We Ourselves?” by Michelle Mellon
“When the Last of the Birds and the Bees Have Gone On” by C.L. Clark
“The Goatkeeper’s Harvest” by Tobi Ogundiran
"Baba Klep” by Eugen Bacon
"Desiccant” by Craig Laurance Gidney
"Disassembly” by Makena Onjerika
"The River of Night” by Tlotlo Tsamaase
"Egoli” by T.L. Huchu
"The Friendship Bench” by Yvette Lisa Ndlovu
“Fort Kwame” by Derek Lubangakene
"We Come as Gods” by Suyi Davies Okungbowa
“And This is How to Stay Alive” by Shingai Njeri Kagunda
“The Front Line” by WC Dunlap
"Penultimate” by ZZ Claybourne
“Love Hangover” by Sheree Renée Thomas
“Red_Bati” by Dilman Dila
Old 01-20-2022, 09:34 AM   #5625
salty-horse
Guru

Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia is $2.99 on Amazon.com

Quote:
Welcome to Mexico City, an oasis in a sea of vampires. Domingo, a lonely garbage-collecting street kid, is just trying to survive its heavily policed streets when a jaded vampire on the run swoops into his life. Atl, the descendant of Aztec blood drinkers, is smart, beautiful, and dangerous. Domingo is mesmerized.

Atl needs to quickly escape the city, far from the rival narco-vampire clan relentlessly pursuing her. Her plan doesn’t include Domingo, but little by little, Atl finds herself warming up to the scrappy young man and his undeniable charm. As the trail of corpses stretches behind her, local cops and crime bosses both start closing in.

Vampires, humans, cops, and criminals collide in the dark streets of Mexico City. Do Atl and Domingo even stand a chance of making it out alive? Or will the city devour them all?