Astak's EZ Reader ($300)
iRex Digital Reader 1000S ($860)
Sony PRS-505 ($300)
Amazon Kindle ($360)
miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I would have like to have seen them explore the features and the content-buying options more. It sounds like they spent 5 minutes with each device and gave their first impressions. That's not much of a real review.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
I don't think they put all that much effort into the 'review'

But it's nice to see the Cybook and at least one Jinke variant mentioned. Still, I'd have liked to see the BeBook in there.

Even so, I tend to think it may well be all over but for the emoting. I support the BeBook (of which I'm an affiliate) and the Cybook, but I'll also be affiliating the Kindle 2 on my blog page and in my sig lines. I may not consider the Kindle to be the 'best' design, but with Jeff Bezos and Amazon acting the part of the 800-pound gorilla in the room, I figure that's gonna be the 'sales champion'.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote