Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
So which files do I need to download to get just the CIA World Factbook?
The first file has just the flags.

The second file has the flags but no Mobipocket dictionary support.

The third file has the flags and Mobipocket dictionary support.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #17
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Thank you very much.

BTW, I can just imagine the time spent on this project. That must have taken Nate forever.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Thank you very much.

BTW, I can just imagine the time spent on this project. That must have taken Nate forever.
It did take me about 60 hours, but that's mainly because I had to figure out how to do it as I went along. My current project (The Encyclopedia of World History, 6th ed.) is only going to take about 10 to 15 hours to convert even though it has about 8 times as many files. (Don't ask me for a copy because I can't give it away until I have permission from the publisher.)

My next project will be Gray's Anatomy. It has the original engravings (over 1200). I will post it as soon as it's ready.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It did take me about 60 hours, but that's mainly because I had to figure out how to do it as I went along. My current project (The Encyclopedia of World History, 6th ed.) is only going to take about 10 to 15 hours to convert even though it has about 8 times as many files. (Don't ask me for a copy because I can't give it away until I have permission from the publisher.)
Hey, I have that one already done, but it heavily uses tables to retain the look and feel of their website. If you get their permission, I can give my (heavily edited) source files to work with.

Quote:
My next project will be Gray's Anatomy. It has the original engravings (over 1200). I will post it as soon as it's ready.
I spidered it April 2007 but STILL haven't got the will power to convert it to an ebook. Hope yours turns out as nice as the CIA 2008 World Factbook did.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I believe the full fact book contains the flags as well. At least the earlier copy I use has them. There is another small version with no graphics.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Hey, I have that one already done, but it heavily uses tables to retain the look and feel of their website. If you get their permission, I can give my (heavily edited) source files to work with.
Tables? We don't need no stinkin' tables. Anyway, I'm mostly done with the cleanup, with about 3 hours invested. I also bought a copy of the encyclopedia. I'm going to try to match the formatting of the original.

On the plus side, the vast number of files in this project (4,716) is forcing me to automate everything with scripts. I'm pretty sure that I can use the same script to convert anything on that site.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #22
nrapallo

Quote:
Tables? We don't need no stinkin' tables. Anyway, I'm mostly done with the cleanup, with about 3 hours invested. I also bought a copy of the encyclopedia. I'm going to try to match the formatting of the original.
Just to tease...

A Mobipocket version to compare to my .imp screenshots.

It took just 20 min to yield this 15 MB .prc using standard compression.

Now I'm going to try .epub and .lrf to see how those tables in the .html display...
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WorldHistory_prc1.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	27621   Click image for larger version

Name:	WorldHistory_prc2.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	27622   Click image for larger version

Name:	WorldHistory_prc3.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	27623   Click image for larger version

Name:	WorldHistory_prc4.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	27624   Click image for larger version

Name:	WorldHistory_prc5.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	27625  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
Mythlandia
Reader
Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.Mythlandia got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPad
Good Book

Nice job of presenting the eBook.
Easy to use.
Mythlandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #24
zsupportertz
zsupportertz began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 7610
world fact book

Thank you
zsupportertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #25
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Wow. Thank you for uploading this Harry!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Harry? Nothing to do with me. Thank Nate .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #27
N0NJY
Time Traveler
N0NJY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Because it's a joke. I'm adding a fictional country to the WFB as my own little easter egg. Ralph knows about it becuase he agreed to write the country listing.
Haha I thought you were talking about France... (Who also played a part in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars in the US).

/grin
N0NJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #28
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Harry? Nothing to do with me. Thank Nate .
Oops! Thank you Nate
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #29
nicyhl
nicyhl began at the beginning.

Device: SE p990i
Thanks for this Ebook! it's very useless..

Btw , Can u help us upload the 2010 version ( the latest one )? thanks in advance!
nicyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #30
rasteps
Zealot
rasteps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicyhl View Post
Thanks for this Ebook! it's very useless..

Btw , Can u help us upload the 2010 version ( the latest one )? thanks in advance!

That's an interesting way to thank someone and make a request. Maybe English isn't your first language. It might help not to tell someone that the thing they worked so hard on is "very useless". And you might try making your requests with "please".
rasteps is offline   Reply With Quote