Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-07-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Alternate cover for Boox Nova Air?

While at home I use the device without a cover so weight is not really an issue. The only factory option is the sleep cover with page turn buttons, so I'm not at all interested in that $60 option that doesn't do what I want. I'm looking for an origami cover that fits the device and will allow me to prop up the device portrait orientation for when I'm out and about. I'm not interested in any of the covers that use adhesive to secure the device. I'm currently repurposing an old leather Oberon cover that I purchased for my first Nook Color tablet, it fits perfectly but doesn't prop up the device.

Is anyone aware of any options that might work?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:42 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I had previously never used covers. I installed a "T-nut" on the back of my devices with the flange on the inside or outside of the case. That gives me a 1/4-20 threaded insert (same as a camera) to install on stands or feet.

My Poke3 has a cover that I kind of like. I glued the T-nut on the back of the cover instead of directly on the device. I have a "foot" composed of 1/4" set screw, 1/4" threaded coupler and one of the three little gooseneck legs off a mini camera tripod. When I don't need it I can unscrew the leg. Admittedly when you are not using the foot you do have the T-nut still sticking out a bit. It's not that bad. Still, for small (6") devices I find the the foot (or something more ergonometric) is a nice hand hold, like those sticky things on cell phones. I also have a bendy arm over my bed to hold the Poke3.

Edit: Or if you want truly low tech, get a scrap of that rubberized drawer liner, the kind that is like a rubber screen. You can use anything as a back support, books or a wooden angle you make yourself or even something else with a tilt stand. Set the liner underneath the back support and the Boox won't slip on the desk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pokestand.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	189543  

Last edited by Renate; 10-07-2021 at 09:54 PM.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #3
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I had previously never used covers. I installed a "T-nut" on the back of my devices with the flange on the inside or outside of the case. That gives me a 1/4-20 threaded insert (same as a camera) to install on stands or feet.

My Poke3 has a cover that I kind of like. I glued the T-nut on the back of the cover instead of directly on the device. I have a "foot" composed of 1/4" set screw, 1/4" threaded coupler and one of the three little gooseneck legs off a mini camera tripod. When I don't need it I can unscrew the leg. Admittedly when you are not using the foot you do have the T-nut still sticking out a bit. It's not that bad. Still, for small (6") devices I find the the foot (or something more ergonometric) is a nice hand hold, like those sticky things on cell phones. I also have a bendy arm over my bed to hold the Poke3.

Edit: Or if you want truly low tech, get a scrap of that rubberized drawer liner, the kind that is like a rubber screen. You can use anything as a back support, books or a wooden angle you make yourself or even something else with a tilt stand. Set the liner underneath the back support and the Boox won't slip on the desk.

Well if I can't find a commercial solution then I may need to get creative like you. Thinking through a velcro + detachable wedge solution . . . maybe.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote