Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello from New Jersey!

Hi! I am Imogen Rose and I am based in New Jersey. For as long as I can remember, I have dreamt stories. Stories that can and do continue from night to night, from dream to dream. So, going to bed was never an issue, even as a child, just an anticipation of the story to come.

I was born in a small town in Sweden and moved to London in my twenties. After obtaining a PhD in immunology from Imperial College, I moved with my family to New Jersey, where I has been based for the past ten years. Although storytelling is my real passion, I have only now decided to share my stories by publishing my first work of fiction, PORTAL.

PORTAL would have remained in my imagination, to be shared only with my daughter, Lauren, had my eight-year-old not insisted that I write it down. In the course of a month, I typed while Lauren waited eagerly by the printer for the pages to appear, and a novel took shape.

The warm reception PORTAL has received has encouraged me to continue with the story and the Portal Chronicles. The sequel, EQUILIBRIUM, is due to be published Summer 2010.

And that's me! Nice to be here!

Last edited by ImogenRose; 04-04-2010 at 10:36 AM.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ImogenRose and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Bodragon
Bodragon began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
"Stories" is plural. "can and does" is singular. You can't have both in the same sentence.
It has to be either: "Stories that can and do continue from night to night" or "A story that can and does continue from night to night"
Sorry to be such a pain in the a**. Blame Dr Hans Asperger.
Bodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hi ImogenRose, and welcome to MR. Is Portal published as an ebook?....(other than for Kindle?)

Last edited by TGS; 04-04-2010 at 10:06 AM.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

HAPPY EASTER!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. TGS, yes, PORTAL is a published as a soft back as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Portal-Imogen-...mm_pap_title_0
Old 04-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL

TGS, I am looking into publishing it other ebook formats at the moment.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
hello ImogenRose,

Welcome to this very nice place. You will be very happy to have joined in, whatever your purpose is.

The first thing (or one of the first things) you want to do is to go here and read, and enjoy.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
ImogenRose!

I forgot to point you to this thread which looks exactly what you are looking for.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello ImogenRose, and Click image for larger version

Name:	black butterfly.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	49241 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #11
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello ImogenRose & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #13
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Thank you, Katti's Cat.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Imogen. And good luck with the Portal series. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Thank you for the welcome and good wishes, Neil.