Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-14-2004, 09:01 PM   #1
Persephone
Persephone began at the beginning.

Device: HP IPAQ 5550
Pocket PC, Gardening and Nursing

Hello! I've been accused of being a 'data machine' but the truth is, I love life sciences and want all the facts at my fingertips! I'm fascinated by the interrelatedness of all life! I'm in love with iSiloX especially because I can create links in my data that are patterned after my own thinking processes! Mostly I use iSiloX for my gardening data - when did I plant that shrub, when did I prune it last, didn't it look sick like this once before, what is it supposed to look like, what gardening websites can help me, etc. etc. -

In nursing, my Pocket PC is ultra useful for double checking dosages on IV drips, keeping up with the latest meds and tests, etc.

I've had a Pocket PC for four years [currently an iPAQ 5550]. There's always more to learn!
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the nice intro, Persephone!
I'm an iSiloX fan myself. I use it mostly to convert html for mobile reading. Especially for articles that I don't have time to read, so I iSiloX them for later.
Since you are in the medical profession, you might want to take a look at http://palmdoc.blogspot.com/
It's PalmOS based info for the most part, but some of the info and links may be of interest to PPC users also.
Glad to have you with us!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2004, 04:39 AM   #3
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Great use of your PDA, Persephone! I never thought of managing my garden with it And a wholeheartedly welcome onboard!
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
Persephone
Persephone began at the beginning.

Device: HP IPAQ 5550
Thanks, Morpheus! Thanks, BobR! I, too, use iSiloX to convert html's 'on the fly' for later reading! I will definitely check out the palmdoc link!
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Welcome to the fold, Persephone! It's nice to have another PPC user join the forums, we're fairly scarce around here!

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2004, 09:56 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett
...It's nice to have another PPC user join the forums, we're fairly scarce around here!
Yeah, so it is! But we're glad to have you "PPC wierdos" around. Heck, Craig's even got me thinking sometimes about getting one! But I think there's probably a lot more closet PPC'ers lingering around than you think...
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote