Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #91
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Are you sure, doggie? I opened your .TXT file with Notepad and the č was displayed as a ?. Maybe that's a problem with Notepad, so I copied the text from Peste's post and pasted it into a new Notepad .TXT file, saved it, and opened it with Notepad and it is correctly displayed as a č.

Hey, what do I know? I'm just a dumb and computer illiterate dog. But I thought I'd point it out just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Dang. I copied Peste's text into MS Word, and saved as .txt, .doc .pdf and that's what I got. It must have lost something in the translation. I'll have to try it again.

WDE.
My 'save as' option defaults to ANSI standard, but I could have selected Unicode or UTF-8. I don't know if either of those options might have preserved the accent, I'm not familiar with the differences. When I copied to wordpad and then re-opened, the č was different.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #92
boca
Connoisseur
boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300
505 Pictures for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Do you have pics? I'd love to see it, I have been wondering about the lightwedge case too.
Here's a couple of picures...
One of the Dooney case (very nice).
The others are of the light wedge that I carved out of the Sony case so that I could attach it and use it when needed.

As you can see it attaches neatly to the 505 and means I don't have to carry around the whole case with light wedge everywhere I go.

This was one of those "what the hell" moments, and I only did it because I want the D&B case on my machine when I carry it around. But it worked out well for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1349.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	35446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1350.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	35447   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1351.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	35448   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1352.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	35449  
boca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #93
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Boca--That's a great idea!! I love my lightwedge, but get tired of carrying it around all the time. It would be great to only attach it when I felt I needed it!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #94
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Boca--That's a great idea!! I love my lightwedge, but get tired of carrying it around all the time. It would be great to only attach it when I felt I needed it!

dordale
I take the light out all the time, I use the case and only take the light wedge for planes, etc.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #95
boca
Connoisseur
boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
I take the light out all the time, I use the case and only take the light wedge for planes, etc.
I used to just unclip the wedge from the case as well, but then you had to hold it against the reader at all times and it would still tend to slip around.

By taking out the whole 'spine' from the case (and ruining the case of course), the light can then be attached to the reader which generally makes the whole reading in bed experience more comfortable.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:01 AM   #96
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Sorry, double post

Last edited by aceflor; 09-05-2009 at 03:17 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #97
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Great idea, thanks for it as for taking the time to make the pics !!! I am really annoyed too with my lightwedge case, like the light but not the case, so I suppose I will be doing the same this weekend.

Do you all think it will then work out with my M-Edge cover ? Because there are those elastic strips, so I don't know... I left my lightwedge case in my other bag, so I cannot look at it ad hoc.
Well... I suppose it's time to get up anyway : 9.00 am here in Germany, my kids are playing very nicely in their room, my husband has brought me my coffee in bed because I trained him well, and no obligations until lunch...

OK, OK, OK.. I feel the peer's pressure, I am getting up . I will fetch the lightwedge case and have a look at it.

The Dooney case looks sweeeeeeet... But my husband says
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #98
enygmatic
enygmatic began at the beginning.

Thanks for the info.
Hope to get Sony Reader soon now
enygmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #99
boca
Connoisseur

Just got back from Best Buy. They had a bunch of silver 300's but only the demo 600.
One thing that I noticed, apart from the obviously better screen of the 300, was that the font size of the 300 was slightly bigger than the 600.

Both were showing the same excerpt and both were set to Small font.
Anyone else notice this?

The 300 is very neat though, they even had cases for it as well.

But I resisted! (for now...)
Old 09-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #100
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Did they have the case with the built in light?
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #101
boca
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
Did they have the case with the built in light?
No... they had the space on the display for it, but they only had the standard case in black or red for $29.99.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #102
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I ordered a Sony Reader Pocket last week and had it arrive on 09/12/2009 (I've done all my reading in the past on old Handspring Visor PDAs hoarded from Ebay.) I made a few reference photos of the screen. Photographing it wasn't easy-- inside lighting isn't bright enough, but it was deeply cloudy for the first couple of days I had it when I was trying to take the photos, so outside lighting wasn't much better. (Couldn't use flash because of glare off the glass, and scanning it on my flatbed scanner gave a glare, too.)

The photos aren't that great, but they aren't so bad that I'm going to start all over again on a sunny day. They should give some idea of how various media types look on the PRS-300. Here's the review:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19625804/S...-PRS300-Review
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #103
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'll just tag on some pics I just took of the PRS-300 to compare with the PRS-505.

Nice job DrMoze.

WDE.

*edit*
Just to clarify, the quality and contrast on both the PRS-300 and PRS-505 are the same and both excellent. The camera does not do them justice.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...5&d=1251327948

Can someone take some photos in the same style compared side by side with some manga / comics ?

That would be excellent, thank you !
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #104
bcumyns
bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by boca View Post
No... they had the space on the display for it, but they only had the standard case in black or red for $29.99.
I purchased my PRS-300 at Best Buy and they had four kinds of cases. "Plain" and "Lighted" for both the 300 and the 600.

I have to say - I love the 300. One thing to keep in mind - the 300 has the same number of pixels 800 x 600 as the 505 but on a smaller screen. This makes for sharper text. At reading distances I can only see perfectly sharp characters.
bcumyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #105
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boca View Post
Here's a couple of picures...
One of the Dooney case (very nice).
The others are of the light wedge that I carved out of the Sony case so that I could attach it and use it when needed.

As you can see it attaches neatly to the 505 and means I don't have to carry around the whole case with light wedge everywhere I go.

This was one of those "what the hell" moments, and I only did it because I want the D&B case on my machine when I carry it around. But it worked out well for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Great idea, thanks for it as for taking the time to make the pics !!! I am really annoyed too with my lightwedge case, like the light but not the case, so I suppose I will be doing the same this weekend.

Do you all think it will then work out with my M-Edge cover ? Because there are those elastic strips, so I don't know... I left my lightwedge case in my other bag, so I cannot look at it ad hoc.
Well... I suppose it's time to get up anyway : 9.00 am here in Germany, my kids are playing very nicely in their room, my husband has brought me my coffee in bed because I trained him well, and no obligations until lunch...

OK, OK, OK.. I feel the peer's pressure, I am getting up . I will fetch the lightwedge case and have a look at it.

The Dooney case looks sweeeeeeet... But my husband says
I am curious over what came out of this? Does the lightwedge fit with the M-Edge cover?

I like the look of the M-Edge but I rejected it because I like the lightwedge so much.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote