Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
johnrsmith
Enthusiast
johnrsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Kindle app downloads but I can't log in

I'm using an old Kobo VOX with Android 2.3.4. (What was that one called? Apple Pie?) Anyway I was able to download and instal the Kindle app without receiving the usual "this app is not compatible with your device" message which I usually get when trying to download and install apps to this Kobo. But every time I try to log in I get incorrect email address or password. They are both correct. Is the problem the age of my Kobo and the old version of Android?
johnrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It could be Amazon.
Linux users running wine USED to be able to run the Windows App. Then they couldn't, with exact same sympton.
Recent version now doesn't install on Wine. Gets to 97% install and fails. The Play On Linux version is older and won't log in, just like you describe.
Without a log in, the DRM isn't activated and bought Amazon titles with DRM won't work.
So I use my actual Kindle DXG as selected device, and download for transfer via PC to use the files with Calibre. I convert to ePub for Kobo and have my Kindle serial number in a Calibre Plug-in.
Not illegal in Ireland.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
johnrsmith
Enthusiast
johnrsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
As I suspected, the problem is my old version of Android. Oh, well. I purchased this Kobo Vox on eBay mainly to read PDF files and I can do that just fine using the Moon + Reader app which thankfully loads on this old jalopy.
johnrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Was there a previous version of Kindle on that Vox? Could it have been registered to the previous owner?

I've had Kindle on my Vox for years but seldom use it. Just now I started it and it took forever to load, then needed wifi to update because I also have it on my laptop.The version on my Vox is 4.2.0.201 for Android. I don't know if it updates automatically, but maybe it does because it's excruciatingly slow now. My favorite reading app on the Vox is Aldiko. Then it updated and the new versions became slower and slower and kept crashing until it became useless. The Vox is an old low power system and can't handle it. I finally replaced it with an old version, Aldiko 2.1.0 which works fine. Another eReader that works great on the Vox is AlReader. The Vox is a dinosaur, but has a great screen for reading day and night. I also have a cheap $35 Android tablet as backup that's much faster but has a miserable screen for reading.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Yes, it's an old thread, but I think I may have an answer. I recently downloaded and installed Smart Audiobook Player from Google Play Store on my Kobo Vox. Many Android apps will now say they're not compatible with your device when you try to download them, but this one worked and actually downloaded and installed an older version (2.2.0b) that's compatible with the Vox's old Android version. The OP's best bet is to search on line for anolder Kindle version that's compatible. My Vox recently crashed and I lost a lot of my apps, including Dropbox. Unfortunately Dropbox no longer has an older version that's compatible and it's nowhere to be found on the net.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote