Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
nhedgehog
Addict
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 328
Karma: 381638
Join Date: Sep 2013
Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Cybook Muse Frontlight - Nolimbook HD+ comparision

Since I got hold of the 2 devices (Cybook Muse Frontlight - Carrefour Nolimbook HD+), I made a quick comparison:

From my observation, both devices are hardwarerelated the same device but differing a lot regarding the software.
The Nolimbook software variant is awfully crippled. What spring into the eyes:

- missing nightmode (inverted display)
- very little text adaption settings (for instance the fontsize steps)
- no possibility to change appearance of header or footline
- library folder management missing
- buttons not configurable
- Caecilia font missing
- dictionary manager missing

For my personal taste the the Nolimbook firmware is too limiting to enjoy the device.

I made some screenshots to show the difference (Nolimbook *_NL.png, Bookeen *_BK.png):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	library_BK.png
Views:	635
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	138026   Click image for larger version

Name:	library_NL.png
Views:	613
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	138027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu_BK.png
Views:	572
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	138028   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_NL.png
Views:	575
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	138029   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_advanced_BK.png
Views:	573
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	138030   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_advanced_NL.png
Views:	596
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	138031   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_BK.png
Views:	561
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	138032   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_NL.png
Views:	575
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	138036   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_text_settings_BK.png
Views:	620
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	138037   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_text_settings_NL.png
Views:	599
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	138038   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_text_settings_advanced.png
Views:	559
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	138039   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_layout.png
Views:	606
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	138040   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_pdf_BK.png
Views:	570
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	138041   Click image for larger version

Name:	reader_menu_pdf_txt_NL.png
Views:	530
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	138042  

Last edited by nhedgehog; 05-07-2015 at 10:03 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #2
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.
 
Godzil's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,760
Karma: 30462
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in EU
Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
How did you manage to take suck high quality screenshot?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Addict
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 328
Karma: 381638
Join Date: Sep 2013
Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
How did you manage to take suck high quality screenshot?
Framebuffer (fb0).
With winscp almost everything is possible now.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 05-08-2015 at 07:04 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:18 AM   #4
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter
 
mahtin's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Karma: 12646
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S.E. Asia
Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected.
Crossroad Blues.

As experienced by those who bought at Carrefour (inspired by Robert Johnson).
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
aceflor
Constant Angel
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
aceflor's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,451
Karma: 48036360
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: where the sun lives, or so they say
Device: Kindle Voyage, Tolino Vision 4 HD, C67 Carta+
How did you go from Nolim to Muse ? I read Gregory's blog and tried but my menus did not change a bit..
Puedes aclararlo en español si quieres, lo entiendo.
Edit: Oder auf Deutsch, jetzt merke ich, dass Du Deutsch sprichst. Ich auch !!!

So got root, but there is so much I would like to change and can't that we will not keep the device.

Edit: we might keep it. still in test.

Edit2: It's a nifty little thing. It does not have loads of functions, but it seems good enough as a replacement for the Kobo Mini. Nice display, good light, and at last I got the pages to display as I like them. It is not for me anyway, but I will be using it too from time to time so I'd rather be able to enjoy it.

Last edited by aceflor; 05-13-2015 at 08:23 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2016, 02:42 PM   #6
almase
Junior Member
almase began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2008
Device: Hanlin V3 and Nolim Frontlight and
In the Gregory's blog, in the user responses, about the middle, someone has explaine step by step the process. It is very easy. Just change a nvram parameter a root user. I got it just in five minutes and now I have a Muse instead of a nolim ereader. The firmware difference is brutal.

En el blog de Gregory, en la zona de respuestas de los usuarios, alrededeor de la mitad, alguien ha puesto los pasos para convertir el nolim en un Muse. Es muy facil, solo hay que cambiar un parámetro de la NVRAM como usuario root. Yo tardé 5 minutos. La verdad es que no hay color entre una versión y otra, solo el tema de poder tener carpetas es ya suficiente para hacer el cambio, sin contar otras cosas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
How did you go from Nolim to Muse ? I read Gregory's blog and tried but my menus did not change a bit..
Puedes aclararlo en español si quieres, lo entiendo.
Edit: Oder auf Deutsch, jetzt merke ich, dass Du Deutsch sprichst. Ich auch !!!

So got root, but there is so much I would like to change and can't that we will not keep the device.

Edit: we might keep it. still in test.

Edit2: It's a nifty little thing. It does not have loads of functions, but it seems good enough as a replacement for the Kobo Mini. Nice display, good light, and at last I got the pages to display as I like them. It is not for me anyway, but I will be using it too from time to time so I'd rather be able to enjoy it.
almase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:41 AM   #7
Freeman1975
Bookworm
Freeman1975 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2016
Device: Nolim+ HD "upgraded" to Cybook Muse Frontlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by almase View Post
In the Gregory's blog, in the user responses, about the middle, someone has explaine step by step the process. It is very easy. Just change a nvram parameter a root user. I got it just in five minutes and now I have a Muse instead of a nolim ereader. The firmware difference is brutal.

En el blog de Gregory, en la zona de respuestas de los usuarios, alrededeor de la mitad, alguien ha puesto los pasos para convertir el nolim en un Muse. Es muy facil, solo hay que cambiar un parámetro de la NVRAM como usuario root. Yo tardé 5 minutos. La verdad es que no hay color entre una versión y otra, solo el tema de poder tener carpetas es ya suficiente para hacer el cambio, sin contar otras cosas....
Hi. I guess that you are the same almase that wrote on Gregory's blog about replacing the Nolim+ HD firmware by the cybook original one. I wrote on Gregory's blog because I have some doubts about the exact process but the original poster there gave me no response. As it seems that you could perform the "undowngrade" successfully can I ask you something here, instead? Here go my doubts:

I have the build 6.3.2407 on my device, while the jailbreak on Gregory's blog is for build 6.3.2326. Can I install it anyway? Could I brick my device?

Why the changes CF616 to BK646. The S/N of my Nolim is CF646. Should I leave it like it is, or should I change it to BK616? I mean, he replaces the 1 in CF S/N by the 4 in BK S/N? It is just a typo?

Another question: were you able to receive an official Booken upgrade after the "un-downgrade"?


Thank you a lot in advance for your attention.

Have a nice day

E.

p.s. I speak spanish too, if you prefer.
Freeman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #8
almase
Junior Member
almase began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2008
Device: Hanlin V3 and Nolim Frontlight and
Hola, pues a la primera pregunta no te sabría responder, ya que yo tenía el build 2326. Me limité a seguir las instrucciones.

La segunda pregunta, tienes que poner la B, porque creo que los que llevan C son los empaquetados para Nolim y los que llevan B son los de Cybook, pero en realidad solo es para distinguirlos

Siento no aclararte mucho, pero es que la verdad es que yo no entiendo mucho de esto. Como te decía solo seguí los pasos del foro.

Por otro lado, aunque de vez en cuando pongo el wifi para ver si me hace algún update de cybbok, hasta la fecha siempre me dice que no hay actualizaciones.....

Saludos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman1975 View Post
Hi. I guess that you are the same almase that wrote on Gregory's blog about replacing the Nolim+ HD firmware by the cybook original one. I wrote on Gregory's blog because I have some doubts about the exact process but the original poster there gave me no response. As it seems that you could perform the "undowngrade" successfully can I ask you something here, instead? Here go my doubts:

I have the build 6.3.2407 on my device, while the jailbreak on Gregory's blog is for build 6.3.2326. Can I install it anyway? Could I brick my device?

Why the changes CF616 to BK646. The S/N of my Nolim is CF646. Should I leave it like it is, or should I change it to BK616? I mean, he replaces the 1 in CF S/N by the 4 in BK S/N? It is just a typo?

Another question: were you able to receive an official Booken upgrade after the "un-downgrade"?


Thank you a lot in advance for your attention.

Have a nice day

E.

p.s. I speak spanish too, if you prefer.
almase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:49 AM   #9
Freeman1975
Bookworm
Freeman1975 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2016
Device: Nolim+ HD "upgraded" to Cybook Muse Frontlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by almase View Post
Hola, pues a la primera pregunta no te sabría responder, ya que yo tenía el build 2326. Me limité a seguir las instrucciones.

La segunda pregunta, tienes que poner la B, porque creo que los que llevan C son los empaquetados para Nolim y los que llevan B son los de Cybook, pero en realidad solo es para distinguirlos

Siento no aclararte mucho, pero es que la verdad es que yo no entiendo mucho de esto. Como te decía solo seguí los pasos del foro.

Por otro lado, aunque de vez en cuando pongo el wifi para ver si me hace algún update de cybbok, hasta la fecha siempre me dice que no hay actualizaciones.....

Saludos

Spanish: Gracias por tu respuesta. Creo que el recibir updates o menos depende del S/N que se ponga. Claro que si se usa uno que "no existe" probablemente el sistema no te reconozca y no te ofrezca el update. De toda forma, conseguí hacer el jailbreak y ahora tengo un Muse y no un Nolim ;-)

English: Thank you for your reply. I guess that getting the update or not depends on the S/N that you use. If the "new" one doesn't exist in Booken database, probably the system doesn't recognizes you and it wont'' offer you the uodate. Anyway, I was able to jailbreak the ereader and now I own a Muse, instad of a Nolim ;-)
Freeman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cybook Muse: first impressions nutsheart Bookeen 64 12-16-2015 09:55 AM
Page Setup for Cybook Muse sricochet Conversion 2 02-24-2015 09:42 PM
Cybook Muse support Rand Brittain Devices 2 12-02-2014 11:50 PM
Odyssey Calibre and Cybook Frontlight snakeling Bookeen 1 08-26-2013 04:06 PM
Overdrive and Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight xendula Bookeen 0 12-16-2012 08:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.