Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
tnbagwell
tnbagwell began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Recently unable to e-mail to Kindle Oasis

I use GMX and have had occasional problems, but usually, the book will successfully send to my Oasis. Recently, with the rare exception, no book can be successfully sent. I get a message that it was unable to deliver to the Kindle. I called Amazon, and their final explanation was that even though the book was in Mobi format, there was some content that the Kindle wouldn't receive.

Does anyone know if something has changed recently? The problem seemed to start around the time Calibre updated with a new Oasis-specific Mobi conversion (ironically.)

(Edit: bonus problem!)
If I try to sideload directly via USB, the book will appear on the Kindle...but I can't open it.

(Edit Edit: interesting)
Okay. It works if I convert to the old mobi format. The new mobi format isn't being accepted by the Kindle Oasis.

Last edited by tnbagwell; 05-11-2018 at 11:36 PM.
tnbagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon does not allow email delivery of new MOBI files. You have to use either "old" or "joint"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #3
tnbagwell
tnbagwell began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Ah, okay. Thanks.

Do you know why I can't open them if I load them directly via USB? (E-mailing is easier...mainly just curious.)
tnbagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hard to say without access to the files in question.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote