Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-03-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
gushi
gushi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which size XP-Pen Artist drawing tablet should I buy?

I have a fifteen inch XP-Pen Artist 15.6 ( I buy it from https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist15-6-.../dp/B0785682VP ). I want to use it for drawing (love to draw people, nature, animals and sometimes abstract), graphic design and editing photos. I do want to have accuracy. I've read that small would be good because it all depends on the screen size in comparison to the actual tablet, but I've also read that you can get more accuracy with a slightly larger tablet. such as XP-Pen Artist22E ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist22E-G.../dp/B01M28DHOA )I don't mind moving my hand a bit for accuracy. I've called best buy and all they say I cannot test the tablet, but I can buy it and return it if its not to my liking.

I'd really like to test it out however to choose. I've used small tablets before and recall having to do some zooming in for nice detail on the 15 inch. I no longer have one and would like to find the best fit. I guess I could be leaning toward either whatever is truly the best fit for me. I want to create beautiful works of art and to eventually do it professionally.

Let me know what you think is the best solution in this case. Thank you so much! ​
gushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:35 PM   #2
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
It’s nice if the resolution (not size) matches the computer monitor’s resolution. The format should be the same, in any case. Drawing tablet sizes are a matter of preference, though bigger is usually better, if the budget allows for it. 15” would be too small for me if used at home (22” is great, 27” probably too large). It won’t be your last drawing tablet, so I’d not overthink it too much.

It’s probably the wrong forum for this subject, though. There are some subs on Reddit that’ll yield more diverse responses (could start in /r/learnart).
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote