Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 06:01 AM   #1
badrihippo
badrihippo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Smile My eReader wants to be something more

I've visited some of this forum's threads once in a while, but never got around to joining till now. So, hello everyone!

I have a Kobo Touch e-reader, but I prefer reading physical books. That doesn't mean I don't find the kobo useful!

I use it mainly for its Pocket sync capabilities: when I find something I want to read online, I send it to my ereader. That's much easier on the eyes than going through masses of text on a computer screen. With e-ink, the text isn't "masses" any more. My reading of web articles has really gone up

Of late, i've been experimenting with alternative apps and readers on my device. I've installed KOreader and the vlavosoft launcher, and recently begun trying out Plato as well. My dream is to start writing other apps for the kobo—chat, email and so on. Since I don't have a smartphone, I already use the kobo's web-browser sometimes to check email, although the interface is very annoying. I plan to code dedicated apps for that sort of thing.

But my coding speed isn't really swift, and I have the habit of starting new projects and losing steam later, and I've never coded for other platforms before, so, uh, yeah. Maybe someday
badrihippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote