Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #3901
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Thanks. And thank you for a fantastic plugin.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #3902
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
I hate to have to go back to this old issue, but I still am not able to get the plugin to use those little icons from fanfiction.net to make a cover.
FFDL tries to recognize when an author picture is being shown instead of a story picture so it can avoid using author pictures.

Please post a story URL you're failing to get the cover for so I can see if it's really an author picture.
Quote:
I set the options in the FFDL (see image)
Judging by the picture, you download to epub, that's good.
Quote:
I do have only one configuration in the "Generate Cover" plugin, which is the "default". I did activate the option that the personal.ini overwrites the plugin. (Sorry if this is garbled, but I run the German version and have to re-translate.)
You're trying to get the site cover--Generate Cover replaces any cover from the site. So you don't want GC. On the FFDL config Generate Cover tab, set Default and www.fanfiction.net back to blank if you've changed them.
Quote:
My personal.ini says:
Using your settings (and nothing else in personal.ini), I successfully get cover images from ffnet.
Advert
Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #3903
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello again

First, thank you for your answers.

Jimm: I do download as epub. The settings in Generate Cover are at "default". All other entries are blank.

Here is a story I just downloaded
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6233004/1/

And the result is this
http://sta.sh/07wmuvxxsws

Should I remove the settings from the personal.ini then?
Thanks again for having a look!
Old 03-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #3904
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Jimm: I do download as epub. The settings in Generate Cover are at "default". All other entries are blank.
The cover you show is from Generate Cover. The "default" you are seeing is the name for one of the GC settings. It has to be blank, not default, to prevent GC from running. See attached.

Quote:
Here is a story I just downloaded
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6233004/1/

And the result is this
http://sta.sh/07wmuvxxsws
This is another problem--that story doesn't have a story image--it's showing the author image. Go to the author page and you'll see it's the same for the author and all of their stories.

Here's an ffnet example that does have a story image.

If you decide you'd rather have the author image than no cover image, add this to your personal.ini:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
## Remove author image exclusion
cover_exclusion_regexp:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blankGC.PNG
Views:	306
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	136362  
Old 03-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #3905
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello Jimm

Thank you so much for your help! It finally works. ^^
Advert
Old 03-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #3906
Geyer
Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Clie, Sony Reader 300, iPod Touch, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Expanding on this idea a bit, what do people think of Fanficfare or FanFicFare (abbrev FFF)?

I like having 'fanfic' right in the name and cryzed likes the near hit to 'fanfare'. We disagree about CamelCasing.
I'm not thrilled by CamelCasing if I have to type it. Other than that, I like Fanficfare and the FFF acronym, and there might be other combinations that would appeal as well--Fanficfest? Fanficfree? Fanficforall?
Old 03-25-2015, 10:57 PM   #3907
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I agree with the normal casing, but I still like Fanficfare best - stuff like Fanficforall etc. approaches more of a sentence than an actual name in my opinion. I feel Fanficfree is redundant somehow, fanfiction needs to be free in most instances anyways, and I prefer the symbolism in fare.

Last edited by cryzed; 03-25-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #3908
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Release and Survey

Version 2.1.05 - 26 Mar 2015
  • Add devianthearts.com as a Base eFiction site.
  • Allow https URLs for fictionmania.tv.
  • Allow storiesofarda.com/chapterAllview.asp?SID=999 urls.
  • Bug fix: Change print to logger calls because of caliber pipe errors.
  • Better error handling of generate_cover_settings params.

Survey about Name Change

Due to Google's recent decision to phase out code.google.com, the FFDL project code base is going to have to move to a new home (almost certainly github).

That makes now a good time to discuss changing the name from FanFictionDownLoader (FFDL) to something else.

The reason is because the current name is very generic and there's another program at/called fanfictiondownloader.net. More than once, we've had users of fanfictiondownloader.net come to us looking for support for the other program.

If you'd like to vote for one of the names under consideration, please click here.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #3909
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version with fixes for literotica.com changes. (sigh)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-28-2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #3910
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Don't suppose Cryzed has any time/or interest in looking at http://www.adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php

Thanks
Old 03-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #3911
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Sorry Tanja, I'm currently rather busy IRL -- I might take a look at it in the coming weeks, but probably not very soon. After taking a quick look at it, I can already tell that parsing the general site layout is not going to be much fun, and finding the correct metadata page via code is also going to be annoying...
Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #3912
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
I'm getting a fun error today on both FF.net and AO3. Here's what I copied from my download log.

calibre, version 2.22.0
ERROR: Error Updating Metadata: <p>An error has occurred while FFDL was updating calibre's metadata for <a href='http://archiveofourown.org/works/2809394'>Thanks for the Wings, Love Clarence</a>.</p>The ebook has been updated, but the metadata has not.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 1267, in update_books_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 1791, in update_metadata
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'line' referenced before assignment

Story Details:updatedate:
2015-03-26 00:00:00-06:00
calibre_id:
title:
Thanks for the Wings, Love Clarence
pubdate:
2014-12-20 00:00:00-07:00
added:
False
username:
(was set, removed for security)
outfile:
C:\Users\Sara\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_1zcylk\fa nfictiondownloader_nbl3ox\Thanks for the Wings_ Love Clarence-Marzipan77-dpoxbe.epub
password:

is_adult:
False
url:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/2809394
publisher:
archiveofourown.org
good:
True
listorder:
site:
archiveofourown.org
timestamp:
2015-03-27 16:14:39.634000-06:00
tags:
[u'Angst and Hurt/Comfort', u'Abby Sciuto', u'Anthony DiNozzo', u'Episode Tag', u'Ziva David', u'Fanfiction', u'Timothy McGee', u'Dysfunctional Family', u'Holidays', u'Episode: s06e11 Silent Night', u'Gen', u'Jethro Gibbs', u'In-Progress', u'NCIS', u'Christmas', u'Stan Burley']
comments:
<blockquote><p>Episode Tag to "Silent Night." This case brought up a lot of 'what ifs' and 'might have beens' for Ned Quinn and Tony DiNozzo. When Tony's plans for a joyful "family" Christmas get derailed by yet another zinger from Gibbs, it might take a miracle to fix their dysfunctional family.</p></blockquote>
Add
begin:
None
all_metadata:
dateUpdated:
2015-03-26
description:
<blockquote class="userstuff">
<p>Episode Tag to "Silent Night." This case brought up a lot of 'what ifs' and 'might have beens' for Ned Quinn and Tony DiNozzo. When Tony's plans for a joyful "family" Christmas get derailed by yet another zinger from Gibbs, it might take a miracle to fix their dysfunctional family.</p>
</blockquote>
warnings:
No Archive Warnings Apply
hits:
siteabbrev:
ao3
title:
Thanks for the Wings, Love Clarence
authorId:
Marzipan77
genre:
Angst and Hurt/Comfort, Christmas, Dysfunctional Family, Episode Tag, Episode: s06e11 Silent Night, Gen, Holidays
seriesUrl:

In-Progress
datePublished:
2014-12-20
kudos:
dateCreated:
2015-03-27 16:14:39
formatname:

storyUrl:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/2809394
freefromtags:
Angst and Hurt/Comfort, Christmas, Dysfunctional Family, Episode Tag, Episode: s06e11 Silent Night, Holidays
ships:

version:
FanFictionDownLoader v2.1.5
characters:
Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Jethro Gibbs, Stan Burley, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
collections:

freeformtags:
Angst and Hurt/Comfort, Christmas, Dysfunctional Family, Episode Tag, Episode: s06e11 Silent Night, Holidays
ao3categories:
Gen
fandoms:
NCIS
numWords:
series00Url:

output_css:

authorHTML:
<a class='authorlink' href='http://archiveofourown.org/users/Marzipan77/pseuds/Marzipan77'>Marzipan77</a>
numChapters:
formatext:

series01Url:

site:
archiveofourown.org
comments:
language:
English
extratags:
Fanfiction
storyId:
series02Url:

series02:

series03:

series00:

series01:

authorUrl:
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Mar...uds/Marzipan77
seriesHTML:

lastupdate:
Last Update Year/Month: 2014/12, Last Update Year/Month: 2015/03, Last Update: 2014/12/20, Last Update: 2015/03/26
langcode:
en
bookmarks:
series:

category:
NCIS
author:
Marzipan77
rating:
Teen And Up Audiences
series03Url:

comment:
Update epub completed, added 0 chapters for 7 total.
epub_for_update:
C:\Users\Sara\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_1zcylk\fa nfictiondownloader_nbl3ox\old-14549-yhbdfg.epub
icon:
plus.png
author_sort:
[u'Marzipan77']
series:

end:
None
author:
[u'Marzipan77']
Old 03-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #3913
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
maybe you can tell me if this is my computers fault due to it being crappy and old as dirt or if something else is going on. It updates some stories but then i get this message on others

calibre, version 1.48.0 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to Download Stories: Failed: Download FanFiction Book

Download FanFiction Book
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(36):FanFictionDownLoader v2.1.5
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(40):Adding jobs for URLs:
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(42):https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9443327/1/
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(78):Logfile for book ID 362 (A Third Path to the Future)
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.jobs(79):urlhttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/9443327/1/) id362)
FFDLEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.jobs(139):cookiejar:<_LWPCookieJar.LWPCookieJ ar[]>
FFDLEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_fanfictionn et(100):URL: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9443327/1/
FFDLEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.base_adapter(291):# ####################################
pagecache HIT: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9443327/1/
FFDLEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.base_adapter(291):# ####################################
pagecache HIT: https://www.fanfiction.net/Harry-Pot...overs/224/357/
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_fanfictionne t(176):Fall back category collection

Python function terminated unexpectedly
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 139, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.jobs" , line 83, in do_download_worker
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.jobs" , line 83, in <lambda>
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
Old 03-28-2015, 12:49 AM   #3914
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
@Robin42069

I've got the same version, and can download from https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9443327/1/ without a problem
calibre, version 1.48.0 & ffdl from post #3909
Old 03-28-2015, 05:07 AM   #3915
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
i just downloaded and installed the new plugin and still same problem.its most likley a problem on my end as i said i got a crappy older computer and running windows xp and that messes up on me often sometimes so im not gonna cry over it to much. it still downloads most things. so not a huge problem
Closed Thread