Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which collection of Short Stories shall we read for December?
The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries edited by Otto Penzler 8 57.14%
Close Range: Wyoming Stories by Annie Proulx 6 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #31
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I am reading one story per night.

I am glad that the group chose a Christmastime item to reinforce for me aspects of the season other than what stores are doing.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #32
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, I think I'm taking a short trip to the UK for this one. Now, I wonder if there are any spare coupons around?

ETA: My quick trip to the UK is finished, and I have a new book to show for it. I look forward to starting it tonight.

Last edited by CRussel; 12-10-2015 at 01:03 PM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2015, 03:35 AM   #33
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've started on this now.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #34
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Of course. When else would it begin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Night_(holiday))

I would have thought that 1448 years would be a sufficient length of time to get the message across .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Harry, I strongly suspect that if you asked most Americans, they would guess that Dec. 25 is the last of the twelve days of Christmas. Stores and radio stations behave as if the Christmas season is over Dec. 26.
Apropos, there is a single-panel comic "strip" in our local paper each day called Argyle Sweater. The Christmas Day comic has a woman returning her Christmas presents to the store (the birds a-laying) "On the 13th Day of Christmas." !!!

http://www.theargylesweater.com/

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-27-2015 at 04:23 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote