Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you tried a factory reset using the buttons? See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2788705 for details.

In case that doesn't work, I have sent a PM with a link to the image.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #62
wamsaya
wamsaya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Hi,

I restored the provided image on a new card, but device does not boot.

Any clue about the way to get it working again?

Thx
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is happening? Does the LED flash or the screen change? But, you can try doing a factory reset with the buttons rather than just turning it on.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:57 AM   #64
wamsaya

Card issue

HI,
the blue led lights on for a few seconds and then just switches off. Impossible to do a factory reset with this card.

With the original card, the device is caught in a restoring loop every time I turn it on. If I take out the sd card during the process, it fails. On next reboot, the device then turns on, and then updates. If I turn it off, the restoring loop starts again.

I have tried installing android on the card, it shows the same behavior as with the image: blue led for a few sec., then turning off.

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2014, 02:08 AM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Charge the battery. The LED flashing like that usually means the battery is flat.

And to do a factory reset when it won't start, follow the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2788705.
Advert
Old 05-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #66
wamsaya

No.

It works with the old corrupted card. But then it is caught in a retoring loop. With the card filled with the new image, nothing hapes when turning on.

Thx
Old 05-18-2014, 04:22 AM   #67
wamsaya

partially succeeded

I finally succeeded in booting the device with the new sd card filled with the provided factory image. Yet, the behavior is the same: continous restoring loop. Could it be a harware failure?

Thx
Old 06-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #68
Chientran64
Chientran64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
please send me an image of glo sd card. my device is bricked
Old 07-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #69
maouba
maouba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Disk image

Hi there, same here, bricked my Kobo thinking I was the hacker that I am not. Would someone send me a disc image for the Glo?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #70
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maouba View Post
Hi there, same here, bricked my Kobo thinking I was the hacker that I am not. Would someone send me a disc image for the Glo?
Ah, someone who admits the truth rather than saying their device has mysteriously bricked itself

I have sent a PM with the link.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #71
xbugs
xbugs began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Hello!
I bricked my kobo glo, can anyone send me the card image, my model is the N613
Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #72
xbugs
xbugs began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Ah, someone who admits the truth rather than saying their device has mysteriously bricked itself

I have sent a PM with the link.
i was formating the fat32 partition in my mac, and the disk utility are puting fat16 and what i wanted was 32, so i got to the comand line but i make a mistake and format all the 3 partitions to fat32
Old 07-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #73
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbugs View Post
i was formating the fat32 partition in my mac, and the disk utility are puting fat16 and what i wanted was 32, so i got to the comand line but i make a mistake and format all the 3 partitions to fat32
I've been bitten by that once or twice.

PM with the link sent.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #74
Eluia
Eluia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello,

My glo seems to have image failure, each time I turn it off (of it shuts down when it runs out of battery) it resets to a state a couple month back (book state, library ect).

I've tried factory reset, updates, ect and it didn't work at all.

Can someone link me to a disk image please ?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #75
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluia View Post
Hello,

My glo seems to have image failure, each time I turn it off (of it shuts down when it runs out of battery) it resets to a state a couple month back (book state, library ect).
That usually means the database on the device is corrupt. I usually recommend logging out of the device. This restarts the device, creates a new database and prompts you to login. But...
Quote:
I've tried factory reset, updates, ect and it didn't work at all.
A factory reset should completely clear the user accessible partition and take you through the setup. Is that not happening?
Quote:
Can someone link me to a disk image please ?
I have sent you the link. If you have another micro SD card, you might want to try it. If the factory reset is not working, it might be because there is a problem with the current card.
Closed Thread