Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #61
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe there's a problem with the memory card. So get a new one, request the image, install them image and see what happens.
That's the next step. I plan to get a new uSD tomorrow or use one of mine I have lying around. I already have the image from David so I'll try doing that. Already pried the cover open with just my hands and I can't believe how easy it was to open the Glo HD.
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #62
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Hey, I went though these guys after I dropped my PW3 in the pool. So if you decide that yours is totally dead, you can consider this.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Amazon...5-p-95765.html

That site is not responding right now, so I don't know if they are having trouble, or I am.

Depending on where they ship to, a new motherboard was $30 dollars for me, definitely better than waiting for a possible PW4.

Do you have the tools to solder a connection to the serial port on your one that isn't working anymore? I'd be interested in seeing what gets logged when it is in this situation.

But you do not need any of those tools to replace the motherboard, just a
1) Credit card ( or butter knife ), to pull the front bezel that's glued on off
2) small philips screwdriver
3) hair dryer (optional )for getting the glue soft both for taking the front off, and for putting it back on.

Last edited by coplate; 06-29-2017 at 12:46 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #63
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Amazon of what country?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.htm...d_i=9187220011

"Refurbished" normally means only a new cardboard box.
It translates from en_Amazon as: repackaged.

So buy the extended warranty next time.
The extended warranty simply means that you can send the Kindle back up to three times and receive... a refurbished unit in exchange!
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #64
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Hey, I went though these guys after I dropped my PW3 in the pool. So if you decide that yours is totally dead, you can consider this.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Amazon...5-p-95765.html

That site is not responding right now, so I don't know if they are having trouble, or I am.

Depending on where they ship to, a new motherboard was $30 dollars for me, definitely better than waiting for a possible PW4.

Do you have the tools to solder a connection to the serial port on your one that isn't working anymore? I'd be interested in seeing what gets logged when it is in this situation.

But you do not need any of those tools to replace the motherboard, just a
1) Credit card ( or butter knife ), to pull the front bezel that's glued on off
2) small philips screwdriver
3) hair dryer (optional )for getting the glue soft both for taking the front off, and for putting it back on.
Unfortunately I don't know how to solder nor have the tools for it. If I go for that route plus a new battery, it would cost me as much as a refurbished unit. But thanks for the idea.
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote