Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Doubt about removing identifier in book

Hi,

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it is a bug or whatever. If ind the book window I select the goodreads identifier, press right button and select "Remove identifier", no error appear but the identifier is still in the book. Is there any restriction? Cannot it be removed in this way?

Thank you very much in advance.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Confirmed - seems to be only Goodreads Identifiers, yet one can remove them in Metadata Edit - doesn't make sense.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is nothing goodreads specific in the remove identifiers code. I dont use the goodread plugin, what does a goodreads identifier look like?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I noticed something odd about this. The identifier for Barnes and Noble is "barnesnoble" and if I right click a Barnes and Noble ID I see "Remove barnesnoble from this book". The identifier for Goodreads is "goodreads" but if I right click a Goodreads ID I see "Remove Goodreads from this book" with different capitalization.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Both goodreads and fantastic fiction has the same problem, and I think the problem is that there is a difference between the token you see when hover over them in the book window and when you open the identifiers window:
  • Book window -> Goodreads:xxxxx, FantasticFiction:yyyy
  • Identifier window -> goodreads:xxxxx, ff:yyyy
Advert
Old 04-08-2019, 02:03 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The get_book_url() functions in those plugins should be fixed to return the correct value or identitier_type. it should be the exact same things as appears before the colon in the identifier.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:20 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The get_book_url() functions in those plugins should be fixed to return the correct value or identitier_type. it should be the exact same things as appears before the colon in the identifier.
Yes, I've reported it at Goodreads plugin, as I had made the change myself in the local copy and worked.