Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #46
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Perhaps use a different reader just for browsing then?
That may be my option.

Quote:
I'm not sure what formats Moon+ Reader supports but it has an All Books display mode (I always use EPUB on Android and iOS).
In practice, ePub is sufficient. As mentioned, it's my preferred format. In the odd case where I do have something else, FBReader can display it.

Quote:
I'm not overly familiar with options on Android as I'm primarily on iOS and my preferred reading app (Marvin) already displays all books by default.
There are more eBook viewers on Android than I can keep track of, and I've looked at a number. I looked at Moon+ Reader back when but didn't care for the interface. It seems to deserve the praise it gets, but it was likely the first product like it most folks used, and it became what they were used to.

I'm simply too used to how FBReader does things, and this is an edge case. I'd like an All Books display, but don't expect to see one soon. Meanwhile, what I have works as desired with that exception.

I'll see how Moon+ Reader does for the purpose. It's a good suggestion.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 03-20-2019 at 01:02 PM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #47
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
There are more eBook viewers on Android than I can keep track of, and I've looked at a number. I looked at Moon+ Reader back when but didn't care for the interface. It seems to deserve the praise it gets, but it was likely the first product like it most folks used, and it became what they were used to.
I actually remember having tried CoolReader, FBReader, Mantano and Moon+ on a Nexus S and a Galaxy Nexus before finally settling on Moon (granted, I still liked Stanza better). Even got the paid versions of all the ones I tried.

That was after Amazon acquired Lexcycle and I figured Stanza's days were numbered. At the time, other iOS reader options were pretty abysmal. I was so happy when Marvin for iOS was released.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 03-20-2019 at 01:20 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #48
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Perhaps use a different reader just for browsing then?

I'm not sure what formats Moon+ Reader supports but it has an All Books display mode (I always use EPUB on Android and iOS).

I'm not overly familiar with options on Android as I'm primarily on iOS and my preferred reading app (Marvin) already displays all books by default.
The Pro version also supports non-DRM PDF as well as EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:44 AM   #49
Celebi
Celebi began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 623
I luckily solved the issue by taking the SD card from phone (in my case Honor 8X) that caused this problem and put it to my old Xiaomi Note 3 (had custom ROM on it). Once I put SD card in and Turned on the Note 3 system scanned it and showed error with the card. I clicked on it and it ask me how I want to set up the SD card (two options one as phone memory, the other was to set up card for transferring between devices (or something like that)). I chosen the second option, pop up that it will erase the stuff on card (it did not don’t know why). After that was done (took a while) I took out the card from the Note 3 put it back to my new Honor 8X and by some miracle the card was viable again, I was able to sync the caliber library through cable again and abandoned the idea of buy the new SD card for now.
Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:44 PM   #50
serana
serana began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3; Samsung Galaxy S10e
I encountered a similar problem just earlier. I sent an epub to Calibre Companion by USB and the Calibre "send to device" button, but it wouldn't show up in CC. It was in my designated folder on my phone, though.

What solved the issue for me was that I disconnected the USB cable, and reconnected CC to Calibre via WiFi. Which was completely by chance, though. After finishing the scan CC always does, the books were in my CC with all metadata I assigned to it in Calibre .

I am not 100% sure if you tried it like that already. I did read your thread, dear OP, but I have to admit that it got very technical for my non-IT brain at certain points, and if I simply missed it, I apologise. If you didn't try it, though, it would be great to know if that works for you and/or anyone else!

It is not the quickest way, but it's definitely quicker than transferring epubs through my WiFi .

I'm on Win 8.1, Calibre is 3.44, and use a Samsung Galaxy 7 with CC version 5.4.3.3 (391). All programs and apps are up-to-date.
serana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert