Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #3361
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscat View Post
I would like pairings separated with "&" on AO3 (eg "Harry & Severus") NOT to be included in "ships" (for purposes of my #ships custom column), but I'd still like them to be included in the Tags column.

I can easily remove the pairing from ships with replace_metadata. But I can't figure out how to do this while keeping the pairing in the tag list - if it isn't a separate tag or character, removing it from ships removes it from the tags. I thought about ships2chars, somehow putting this ship into Characters, but as far as I can tell I can't use that to accomplish what I want (though I have to admit I don't completely understand what ship2chars does and can't find much about it in default.ini or here in the forums, so I definitely could be wrong).

But I feel like there must be some way that's just out of my understanding. Do you have any suggestions?
I believe ships2chars split the ship tags so in case you have a fic with ship tag Harry & Severus but doesn't have character Harry and character Severus, the separated character tags will be added.

Dunno how to do the above in personal.ini but removing platonic ship tags from a custom ship column is probably something easy to do with Calibre's bulk metadata editor as a saved search.

I think this might work.
Code:
Search
.+([&].+)+

Replace
(leave blank)
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #3362
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscat View Post
I would like pairings separated with "&" on AO3 (eg "Harry & Severus") NOT to be included in "ships" (for purposes of my #ships custom column), but I'd still like them to be included in the Tags column.

I can easily remove the pairing from ships with replace_metadata. But I can't figure out how to do this while keeping the pairing in the tag list - if it isn't a separate tag or character, removing it from ships removes it from the tags. I thought about ships2chars, somehow putting this ship into Characters, but as far as I can tell I can't use that to accomplish what I want (though I have to admit I don't completely understand what ship2chars does and can't find much about it in default.ini or here in the forums, so I definitely could be wrong).
Because you both want to edit ships and not edit ships in different places, you need to make a copy of ships:

Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,onlyromships
include_in_onlyromships:ships
Entry onlyromships is now a copy of ships. Remove '&' entries from onlyromships and set it into your ships column. replace_metadata lines for onlyromships will not effect ships.

Alternatively, you could do:

Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,allships
include_in_allships:ships.NOREPL
Entry allships is now a copy of ships that won't have any of ships' replacements (.NOREPL==no replacements). But then you have to change include_subject_tags to use allships instead of ships which involves more steps.

ships2chars isn't really a feature of FFF so much as a use pattern to add all characters that appear in ships to characters for sites/authors that don't list them all. Searching this thread for ships2chars (note ships) finds a number of posts where it was discussed.

(Make sure you only have one add_to_extra_valid_entries in each section, BTW.)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote