Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #856
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Good News, Bad News, Good News, Good News, Bad News, Bad News.

The (first) good news is that I am slammed with news about sales on religious ebooks!

The (first) bad news is that I don't have time to give a full write-up on each sale, as I was able to do in my post above (with (Wm. B. Eerdmans)). So to find the bargains, I'm going to have to ask you to follow the same procedure as I recommended above.

The (second) good news is that I'm going to go ahead and give abbreviated information, on each one of said publishers/sales.

The (second) bad news is that some of the sales have ended, or likely will before I get through with this post.

Sorry to end on a bad news (the third) note--I'm going to have to skip a few publishers/sales, for the sake of time. I'm going to set a minimum of 5 non-fiction books being in a sale before I will list it. I'm skipping the religious fiction subgenre, altogether.

Here we go:
- Crossway. Scheduled to end "Apr. 6" (today in Eastern Daylight Time), however.
- IVP (InterVarsity Press). I recommend that you do a search for "Inter-Varsity Press," as well as "Intervarsity Press"--in the past, at least, IVP has used a hyphen in spelling their full name. Note: Some of the markdowns end tomorrow, April 8 (Eastern Daylight Time); some don't end until April 10.
- HCCP (Probably an abbreviation for "Harper Collins Christian Publishing." There's a huge (70? 80? maybe more that that I haven't found out about yet) number of non-fiction ebooks marked down. It's HCCP's "monthly" sale, so I expect the markdowns to continue until April 30.
- Moody Publishers. A monthly sale--all markdowns are scheduled to end April 30.
- NavPress. Here's the sale with 5 ebooks. It's called a "monthly" sale, also, and the prices are scheduled to end April 30.
- Zondervan. The sale is on apologetics and evangelism titles. The titles will be of interest to more serious students of the Bible. Note: this sale, of 15 or so titles, ends April 8.

The following is optional reading : You may have surmised that I obtained the information about the above sales from one source. 'Tis true (for the most part). You may be wondering why I didn't just give the URL for that website to you.

Two reasons: first, it's probably against some MobileRead rule. That rule is probably there because of the second reason, to wit, if you buy an ebook from that third party, their "tag" gets placed inside the URL, indicating that a commission, or whatever it's called, goes to them. If you buy an ebook through MobileRead, commission goes to them. They provide a great service to us! I want the commission to go to MobileRead!

That may seem unfair to the third party. But in business (in free market economies), it's a dog-eat-dog world. That's just the way it is.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-09-2019 at 12:03 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:40 AM   #857
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Two reasons: first, it's probably against some MobileRead rule. That rule is probably there because of the second reason, to wit, if you buy an ebook from that third party, their "tag" gets placed inside the URL, indicating that a commission, or whatever it's called, goes to them. If you buy an ebook through MobileRead, commission goes to them. They provide a great service to us! I want the commission to go to MobileRead!

That may seem unfair to the third party. But in business (in free market economies), it's a dog-eat-dog world. That's just the way it is.
There is no rule at MR against linking to a third party site that sells ebooks, so long as there's no affiliate tag in the link you provide. So feel free to link to a web page, but examine any link you get in an email, for example, and strip out any affiliate tag if there is one before sharing it here.

As an FYI, MR adds an affiliate tag only to Amazon links and not to other ebook providers, but we still don't allow affiliate tags in any link.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #858
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
There is no rule at MR against linking to a third party site that sells ebooks, so long as there's no affiliate tag in the link you provide. So feel free to link to a web page, but examine any link you get in an email, for example, and strip out any affiliate tag if there is one before sharing it here.

As an FYI, MR adds an affiliate tag only to Amazon links and not to other ebook providers, but we still don't allow affiliate tags in any link.
Thanks for the correction and clarification.

Actually, if I'm thinking through these things correctly, Amazon would not have to pay out commission (or whatever) to _anyone_, if people followed the procedure that I recommended in order to find and purchase the deals.

Anyway, my heart was in the right place.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-07-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:28 AM   #859
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The (first) good news is that I am slammed with news about sales on religious ebooks!

The (first) bad news is that I don't have time to give a full write-up on each sale, as I was able to do in my post above (with (Wm. B. Eerdmans)). So to find the bargains, I'm going to have to ask you to follow the same procedure as I recommended above.

The (second) good news is that I'm going to go ahead and give abbreviated information, on each one of said publishers/sales.

The (second) bad news is that some of the sales have ended, or likely will before I get through with this post.

Sorry to end on a bad news (the third) note--I'm going to have to skip a few publishers/sales, for the sake of time. I'm going to set a minimum of 5 non-fiction books being in a sale before I will list it. I'm skipping the religious fiction subgenre, altogether.

Here we go:
- Crossway. Scheduled to end "Apr. 6" (today in Eastern Daylight Time), however.
- IVP (InterVarsity Press). I recommend that you do a search for "Inter-Varsity Press," as well as "Intervarsity Press"--in the past, at least, IVP has used a hyphen in spelling their full name. Note: Some of the markdowns end tomorrow, April 8 (Eastern Daylight Time); some don't end until April 10.
- HCCP (Probably an abbreviation for "Harper Collins Christian Publishing." There's a huge (70? 80? maybe more that that I haven't found out about yet) number of non-fiction ebooks marked down. It's HCCP's "monthly" sale, so I expect the markdowns to continue until April 30.
- Moody Publishers. A monthly sale--all markdowns are scheduled to end April 30.
- NavPress. Here's the sale with 5 ebooks. It's called a "monthly" sale, also, and the prices are scheduled to end April 30.
- Zondervan. The sale is on apologetics and evangelism titles. The titles will be of interest to more serious students of the Bible. Note: this sale, of 15 or so titles, ends April 8.

The following is optional reading : You may have surmised that I obtained the information about the above sales from one source. 'Tis true (for the most part). You may be wondering why I didn't just give the URL for that website to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

Given the information that issybird provided, I'm giving the URL of the website from which I gleaned the information that I passed along above: it's www.gospelebooks.net. They post only Amazon deals. It's a great website for finding ebooks of interest to Christians, one that I make a point to check every day, even if I don't have time to check any others (except MobileRead, of course ).

If you have the time, I still think that it would be good to go to the websites at Amazon of the individual publishers, and see what else might be marked down that gospelebooks.net did not post for one reason or another.

Remember: if you pass along on MobileRead the URL of an ebook that gospelebooks.net mentions, make sure to strip the gospelebooks.net tag in the URL, first. The tag is at the end of the URL and takes the form of "tag=gospelebooks-20."

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-09-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #860
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A couple of books from Amazon.com.

William Lane Craig - On Guard: Defending Your Faith with Reason and Precision for $0.99.

C. S. Lewis - Preparing for Easter: Fifty Devotional Readings from C. S. Lewis for $1.99.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #861
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thank you -- the second looks intriguing! Got it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:40 AM   #862
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

David Limbaugh's _Jesus on Trial: A Lawyer Affirms the Truth of the Bible_. 99 Cents!

David Limbaugh's New York Times bestseller, Jesus on Trial: A Lawyer Affirms the Truth of the Bible is 99 cents, from multiple vendors.

According to an email that I received from Regnery Publishing, their "editors select a great book from our library to offer for $0.99 on Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Kobo, and Google Play."

According to ereaderiq.com, the digital retail price for this ebook is $9.99, so this promotional price represents a whopping 90% off!

Here's the description of the book, from Amazon:
In Jesus on Trial, David Limbaugh applies his lifetime of legal experience to a unique new undertaking: making a case for the gospels as hard evidence of the life and work of Jesus Christ. Limbaugh, a practicing attorney and former professor of law, approaches the canonical gospels with the same level of scrutiny he would apply to any legal document and asks all the necessary questions about the story of Jesus told through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. His analysis of the texts becomes profoundly personal as he reflects on his own spiritual and intellectual odyssey from determined skeptic to devout Christian. Ultimately, Limbaugh concludes that the words Christians have treasured for centuries stand up to his exhaustive inquiry—including his examination of historical and religious evidence beyond the gospels—and thereby affirms Christian faith, spirituality, and tradition.

The book has 418 pages (but apparently part of that count includes a sample/preview chapter from Limbaugh's The Emmaus Code). It scores a 4.6/732 rating at Amazon.

My take on this book . . . . I have skimmed through the book before, and chose not to purchase it. The material looked good. However, there seemed to be nothing in it which sets it apart from similar books on the same topic. YMMV. However, for 99 cents, I felt that it was worth purchasing, and giving it a more thorough look.

Sorry, but I could not find a way to print the Regnery webpage which gives links to the 5 vendors which they (Regnery) say offers the ebook for 99 cents. I suggest that you go directly to the website of the vendor that you would like to purchase from, and do a search for the ebook.

I didn't realize it, but this 99-cent promotion is one that Regnery have, on a different ebook, each week. I look foward to seeing more of these!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-18-2019 at 01:50 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #863
Nichols_JohnW
Author of God is Here
Nichols_JohnW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 5"
One free and one $0.99

2 marked down Christian Kindle books by Andrea Joy Moede. She just released her illustrated children’s book titled God is Light and it’s free now through Sunday. And her book, Misunderstood (about the attributes of God), is marked down to $0.99 for the same time period. Enjoy and spread the word!

God is Light — https://www.amazon.com/God-Light-And...s+light&sr=8-1

Misunderstood — https://www.amazon.com/Misunderstood...5&sr=1-1-spell
Nichols_JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #864
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols_JohnW View Post
2 marked down Christian Kindle books by Andrea Joy Moede. She just released her illustrated children’s book titled God is Light and it’s free now through Sunday. And her book, Misunderstood (about the attributes of God), is marked down to $0.99 for the same time period. Enjoy and spread the word!

God is Light — https://www.amazon.com/God-Light-And...s+light&sr=8-1

Misunderstood — https://www.amazon.com/Misunderstood...5&sr=1-1-spell
Welcome aboard, Nichols.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #865
Nichols_JohnW
Author of God is Here
Nichols_JohnW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 5"
Quote:
Welcome aboard, Nichols.