Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #1
Llaves
Llaves began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Font changes when coverting AZW book to EPUB

I'm trying to convert an azw book to epub. Calibre completes the conversion with no problem, but the font has changed to some unsightly italic font throughout. I can use the look and feel settings to fix this, but I'm curious why this is happening. When I look inside the resulting epub file, I find a number of .ttf files with names like 00001.ttf in the fonts folder, but when I try to open one, I get a message "invalid font file". The CSS refers to the font E B Garamond, which I don't have (though I do have Garamond).

I can use the look and feel settings to substitute the Garamond font, but why are invalid font files be written? Why does the CSS name a font not present in the file?

I've converted numerous AZW books before without problems. This is the first (and only) time this has happened.
Llaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert azw font