Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #46
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
The patch `show games on Beta Features` should work on this firmware.
It works. Sketchpad and 5 games appear at Beta features (as usual)
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:02 PM   #47
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It works. Sketchpad and 5 games appear at Beta features (as usual)
It works! ...

Last edited by JIPG-reader; 04-29-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Actually confirmed in my H20 Ed2
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2018, 03:26 AM   #48
errenay
Enthusiast
errenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Libra H20
First, I would like to thank all of the developers for their great work. Next, I have (I hope...) a simple question. How could I add some additional space between the bottom line of text in the footer and the edge of the screen? For me, it looks like the text "Page xx of xx" (or other similar) is too low and too close to the end of the screen. I have changed min/max footer height values from 52 px to 62 px in the patch (Aura H20 first edition), but I can't notice any change. Thank you in advance for your help.
errenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:52 AM   #49
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by errenay View Post
First, I would like to thank all of the developers for their great work. Next, I have (I hope...) a simple question. How could I add some additional space between the bottom line of text in the footer and the edge of the screen? For me, it looks like the text "Page xx of xx" (or other similar) is too low and too close to the end of the screen. I have changed min/max footer height values from 52 px to 62 px in the patch (Aura H20 first edition), but I can't notice any change. Thank you in advance for your help.
In the patch, remove a # from one of the line (I marked in red), it will move the caption text upwards.

Code:
# Optional Replacement caption top margin value for all devices:
# (A negative top margin moves the caption text upwards,
# further from the bezel and closer to the page content.)
#
#replace_string = 00FA, `margin-top:+00px`, `margin-top:-15px`
#replace_string = 00FA, `margin-top:+00px`, `margin-top:-05px`
#
#

Last edited by oren64; 04-30-2018 at 04:37 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #50
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
It works! ...
Wait... the games work on H2O v2 models now? i thought it only worked on older devices.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #51
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
Wait... the games work on H2O v2 models now? i thought it only worked on older devices.
Yes. It's not about compatibility, it's just that Kobo uses CSS to hide the games on certain devices.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #52
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes. It's not about compatibility, it's just that Kobo uses CSS to hide the games on certain devices.
ah i see... ill try to find the game patch then and try to upgrade my h2o.. thanks for the info
Old 04-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #53
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
ah i see... ill try to find the game patch then and try to upgrade my h2o.. thanks for the info
After installing the patch (the link is a few messages above), the games appear in the configuration/beta functions menu. The chess is no longer there, but sudoku, solitaire, ...
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #54
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
After installing the patch (the link is a few messages above), the games appear in the configuration/beta functions menu. The chess is no longer there, but sudoku, solitaire, ...
ah yea i found it so thanks! I just did the patch and it worked like a charm, This was my first time because i never really saw a need to patch but now that it adds games it seems worth it so thanks to everyone for sharing and helping.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #55
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo TouchC
A big thank you to all involved! GeoffR and oren64!

Maybe this is the patch that brings the most peoplw to the patch side of the force. It totally broke the ability of my Koko Touch C to read ePubs. Thanks to the patch I was able to read them again and in the process tweak a lot of things that were annoyances for me on the kobo interface.

I am only sorry that I missed out on the best PDF tweaks. But I hope they come back arround.
Ramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:41 PM   #56
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Patch `Wikipedia Search language`

libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch

The patch set the search language in Wikipedia.
Replace the "en" (in both the replace_string lines) to the language code you want. For example English is "en" (set as default), for German is "de", for Russian is "ru".

Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Wikipedia Search language`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Multi version patch: 4.8.10956+
#
# The patch set the search language in Wikipedia.
# Replace the "en" (in both the replace_string lines) to language code you want.
# For example English is "en" (set as default), for German is "de", for Russian is "ru".
#
find_base_address = `\0https://%1.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
replace_string = 0000, `\0https://%1.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`, `\0https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
#
find_base_address = `\0https://%1.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
replace_string = 0000, `\0https://%1.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`, `\0https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
</Patch>

the second picture show wikipedia in Hebrew language.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	405
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	163779   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	401
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	163780  

Last edited by oren64; 06-10-2018 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #57
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Thank you Oren!

I just patched my device yesterday, but out of dumbness deleted all the patch scripts and didn't took note on which patchs I activated.

My questions are: Is there a way to find out from the device witch patches I'm using for sure or am I out of luck and will have to go on educated guesses?
And: If I go and use just this one wikipedia patch all the already used ones will revert to the initial stages, won't them?
Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #58
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramo View Post
My questions are: Is there a way to find out from the device witch patches I'm using for sure or am I out of luck and will have to go on educated guesses?
Not that I know of.

Quote:
And: If I go and use just this one wikipedia patch all the already used ones will revert to the initial stages, won't them?
In this patcher attachment all patches are set as disable, so if you enable only the wikipedia patch , all patches in your device will not be implemented.

Last edited by oren64; 05-01-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:13 AM   #59
Ramo
Enthusiast

Thank you!

I'll have to take my chances.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:54 AM   #60
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Patch `Wikipedia Search language`

libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch

The patch set search language in Wikipedia.
Replace the "en" (in both the replace_string lines) to language code you want. For example English is "en" (set as default), for German is "de", for Russian is "ru".

Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Wikipedia Search language`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Version patch: 4.8.10956
#
# The patch set search language in Wikipedia.
# Replace the "en" (in both the replace_string lines) to language code you want. For example English is "en" (set as default), for German is "de", for Russian is "ru".
#
find_base_address = `\0https://%1.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
replace_string = 0000, `\0https://%1.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`, `\0https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
#
find_base_address = `\0https://%1.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
replace_string = 0000, `\0https://%1.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`, `\0https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search\0`
</Patch>

the second picture show wikipedia in Hebrew language.
Completely off-topic, but I was jolted that right to left in Hebrew doesn't apply to numbers, or at least treats numbers as a whole, not digit by digit. I assume words still are right to left character by character, but what do I know.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote