Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #1
sabri
sabri began at the beginning.

Device: android
adding notes to books while reading

many times when i read i feel i need to note down something, regarding what i'm reading (with real books i didn't hesitate to jot down something on the blank parts of the page itself)
i find it inspiring and useful
kindle pc readers have such an option
is there something like that in calibre?
built-in Or a plugin?
thanks a lot
a fan
sabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's an Annotations plugin that imports from readers, see ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:46 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
sabri
Hardly any devices (Apps) do Annotations the same way outside their brand.

If you want to collect (store) these in Calibre,be aware that you can't mix them in the same column AND there is no converter between formats

You list Android??? That's an OS. You have one or more reading apps on that device, to read with. THOSE process the annotations.
getting anything useful across platforms
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabri View Post
many times when i read i feel i need to note down something, regarding what i'm reading (with real books i didn't hesitate to jot down something on the blank parts of the page itself)
i find it inspiring and useful
kindle pc readers have such an option
is there something like that in calibre?
built-in Or a plugin?
Do you mean when using the calibre viewer to read the book? If so, you can create a bookmark. There is a button in the toolbar to do this. I can't describe it, but is above the one that looks like a paintbrush. When you click the button, the first option is to create a bookmark. You can name this with the text you want to save.

If you are talking about some other ereader device or app, most have a method to bookmark or annotate some text. Unfortunately, as @theducks said, none support interchanging with other devices/apps. The Annotations plugin has some support, but it is very limited.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The most recent MS Edge ePUB viewer (Win 10 1809) has a feature to annotate, highlight etc. But, AFAIK, it lacks a foot/chapter/end note viewing capability

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote