Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
monkeygirl351
Connoisseur
monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, ipad, and kindle 3
overdrive mobi books not working?

I use overdrive's mobi and epub books from the library. I read the mobi books on my kindle using a script that doesn't take the DRM off, but allows me to read them. Anyways, my library hase the PID for my kindle and mobireader 6.2 on my computer. It isn't letting me download at all when it used to be fine. Did overdrive update because of the kindle lending or is it just borked for now? I use the Seattle Public Library and King County System if that helps. Very strange as I borrowed just fine a few weeks ago.
monkeygirl351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygirl351 View Post
I use overdrive's mobi and epub books from the library. I read the mobi books on my kindle using a script that doesn't take the DRM off, but allows me to read them. Anyways, my library has the PID for my kindle and mobireader 6.2 on my computer. It isn't letting me download at all when it used to be fine. Did overdrive update because of the kindle lending or is it just borked for now? I use the Seattle Public Library and King County System if that helps. Very strange as I borrowed just fine a few weeks ago.
It could be that Overdrive's DRM server no longer allows a Kindle PID.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
If you are trying this currently, overdrive is doing system maintenance this weekend that might be causing your problem. Friday, August 5 from 11:00 PM – Saturday, August 6 at 6:00 AM US Eastern Time and Saturday, August 6 from 11:00 PM – Sunday, August 7 at 6:00 AM US Eastern Time.

Last edited by beespeckled; 08-06-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: to add more specific information
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
monkeygirl351
Connoisseur
monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, ipad, and kindle 3
I tried it a gain and it works. I think that it was overdrive updating that caused the issue. I borrowed a 2 other mobis to be sure and they download just fine. So far so good...
monkeygirl351 is offline   Reply With Quote