Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
DaAfroSheenQueen
DaAfroSheenQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iphone 3GS, netbook
New Kindle User...have a few questions

Hello All

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and I just want to say that this place ROCKS! You guys helped me decide which ereader was best for me and answered a TON of questions that I had.

However, I do have a question that I can't seem to get a firm answer to (and maybe there is no firm answer)

I have several ebooks that I own that are on my computer. They are in ePub format, with DRM. I know there is a way to remove the DRM, but I haven’t been able to find one. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this so that I can convert these books in the kindle format?

Thanks!
DaAfroSheenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Google apprentice alf's blog.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
DaAfroSheenQueen
DaAfroSheenQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iphone 3GS, netbook
Thanks for the recommendation.

I hope I don't sound like a total ass (which is not my intent)....but I'm soooo not a programmer and while I'm 99% sure that he's writing in English, I haven't a CLUE what he's saying. I did find the thread by I<3 Cabbage while searching this site, and I read through about 20 of the 50 pages and got a headache.

Is there software that is available to remove the DRM? If not then I need to brush up on my programming skills (let me go find that visual basic book from college...)
DaAfroSheenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi DaAfroSheenQueen, welcome to MR!

My understanding of the situation is that removing DRM is not legal, so we're discouraged from discussing the details of how to do it here. I've never de-DRM'd a book myself (no, really!) so I'm no help anyway.

In your shoes, I'd search the forums for something like "de-DRM", then look through the results, find someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about, and then send them a PM. I'm pretty sure somebody around here could help you. Good luck.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, DaAfroSheenQueen

There is no 'software', but if someone were to develop some......he'd be a millionare.

And my money would be part of it.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAfroSheenQueen View Post
Thanks for the recommendation.

I hope I don't sound like a total ass (which is not my intent)....but I'm soooo not a programmer and while I'm 99% sure that he's writing in English, I haven't a CLUE what he's saying. I did find the thread by I<3 Cabbage while searching this site, and I read through about 20 of the 50 pages and got a headache.

Is there software that is available to remove the DRM? If not then I need to brush up on my programming skills (let me go find that visual basic book from college...)
Enter this in google:

remove epub drm

click on the first link returned and look at post number 3.

Note, install Python 2.7 NOT 3.1.2.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote