Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I found this in Word yesterday. It's a batch conversion wizard. If you want it described more clearly, open Word and do a help search on 'Batch Conversions'.

Goes like this.
Open File New. In the new document task pane, look down to Templates and click on 'On my computer...'
Click on the Other documents tab and then Batch conversions
If it was not on your version of Word it will now install it. Then a Wizard will start.
It will ask you to select a type of file you wish to convert to Word. HTML. text old formats of Word, xml, Outlook and others.
Or it will ask you if you want to convert from Word to other formats.
Choose and click next which will ask from What Folder to What Folder
Then it tells you what documents are available to translate in the selected Folders. Choose the ones you want and go ahead.

I managed this way to translate nearly 100 text files in less than 3 minutes.
Now what I'm really looking for now is a way to apply a batch macro to all of these files.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #17
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
I found this in Word yesterday. It's a batch conversion wizard. If you want it described more clearly, open Word and do a help search on 'Batch Conversions'.
I had no clue this existed I will have to try it when I get home.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert