Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #691
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Ineptpdf 7.3 released - thanks goes to the usual suspects (you know who you are) ^^ ...

PS: Mutant - browse through this thread and you will be enlightened
Thanks to those who made the new version.

HZpkDWUj
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #692
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
It's explained in detail in this thread so you might get your favorite beverage and read through it.
The more people ask these kind of questions, the longer the thread will become and the more beverage you will need.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #693
mutant
mutant began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am stuck and I really hope that someone would be kind enough to point me to a good tutorial or download links for most effective apps and srcripts for removing DRM protection.

Last edited by mutant; 03-01-2010 at 09:48 AM.
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #694
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

First install Python and PyCrypto.
See http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010...-and-pycrypto/

After that running the required scripts isn't difficult any more.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #695
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
I am stuck and I really hope that someone would be kind enough to point me to a good tutorial or download links for most effective apps and srcripts for removing DRM protection.
Have you read thoroughly through this thread (and checked out I love cabbages website)?

I don't think so. A little bit of self work for newbies is expected - you can't drive a car without some background information and it's the same with the scripts .

So if you have specific questions like (python crypto gives the following error message, ...) it surely is okay to ask but not if you haven't read the information available. It's a little bit rude to ask other people to do all your work.

Last edited by joblack; 03-01-2010 at 01:11 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #696
mutant

@pietvo, Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Have you read thoroughly through this thread (and checked out I love cabbages website)?

I don't think so. A little bit of self work for newbies is expected - you can't drive a car without some background information and it's the same with the scripts .

So if you have specific questions like (python crypto gives the following error message, ...) it surely is okay to ask but not if you haven't read the information available. It's a little bit rude to ask other people to do all your work.
I did read a great deal, Joblack. In fact, I installed python and pycrypto and all the scripts. However, I ended up getting a message from the inept pdf decrypter saying "error: dict required". I am grateful for the help and advice provided by one member on this forum. I still have one question though. I came across the latest script ( namely, ineptpdf7.3) but it is in text form,
<<LINK MODERATED>>

How do I make it usable by python?

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-01-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #697
pietvo
Reader

Python scripts are text files. If you save it as .pyw (on Mac OS X also .py is OK) then you can execute it by double clicking.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #698
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
I still have one question though. I came across the latest script ( namely, ineptpdf7.3) but it is in text form,

[snip download link - forum rules forbid the posting of links to de-drm tools because of problems of the legality of distribution of such tools in various jurisdictions.]

How do I make it usable by python?
Click on the download link on that page. Then rename the file to be "ineptpdf7.3.pyw"

Python scripts are all just text files.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #699
mutant

Thanks, pietvo and pdurrant for all your help. The file was finally successfully decrypted. I coudn't have done it without your help and the very special forum member :-).
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #700
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Click on the download link on that page. Then rename the file to be "ineptpdf7.3.pyw"

Python scripts are all just text files.
Is it just me, or does that not work. When I rename the file to xxxx.pyw it is still called xxxx.pyw.txt when I check its properties. I know I am doing something stupid, but what is it please?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #701
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Is it just me, or does that not work. When I rename the file to xxxx.pyw it is still called xxxx.pyw.txt when I check its properties. I know I am doing something stupid, but what is it please?
You have disabled 'showing file extensions' in Windows (check Explorer Options) so it always attaches a .txt.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #702
pietvo
Reader

It's not you doing something stupid. It is the typical Windows stupidity.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #703
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
It's not you doing something stupid. It is the typical Windows stupidity.
Well, Mac is not so much better.

It's hiding directories (those with the xml files) and if you try to pack them with a command line tool you get a lot of problems.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #704
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Well, Mac is not so much better.

It's hiding directories (those with the xml files) and if you try to pack them with a command line tool you get a lot of problems.
Finder hides directories... but you can turn it off. If you use terminal you can see all of the files.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #705
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Finder hides directories... but you can turn it off. If you use terminal you can see all of the files.

BOb
I tried to pack an Omnigraffle file. On the 'Explorer' (or whatever it's called in Mac OS X) it only showed one file. As I wasn't willing to pay 40 USD for a compression program i was playing around with a Unix tool (installed with fink) and that was the horror. And as I got the impression you have to pay extra for every Mac OS X program that wasn't included in the OS I quickly moved on.

I like a logical simple system but Mac OS X (and partly Windows 7) is simple on the surface but if you want to do something deeper you're lost in the obfuscation.

That's perhaps the main reason I'm working with Linux. There you've got transparency and you know if something got wrong it was probably your fault .

Anyway, enough offtopic discussion.

Last edited by joblack; 03-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.