Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
fishcube
Connoisseur
fishcube began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
mobipocket format to pdf?

Looking for converter for mobipocket to pdf.
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Such a program does not exist. PDF is not an eBook format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Such a program does not exist. PDF is not an eBook format.
Actually, it does, ABC Amber Palm Converter can convert a PDB/PRC to PDF

http://www.processtext.com/abcpalm.html
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
fishcube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Actually, it does, ABC Amber Palm Converter can convert a PDB/PRC to PDF

http://www.processtext.com/abcpalm.html

Umm, I just tried this conversion, and all I get is weird symbols, no letters? It said it was successful, but evidentally not.

Is there a better convertor?

I just paid for the book through mobipocket and need to change it to pdf to read on my Archos 5.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube View Post
Umm, I just tried this conversion, and all I get is weird symbols, no letters? It said it was successful, but evidentally not.
If the PRC has Mobipocket DRM (i.e. is encrypted) then you need to first strip the DRM. See Mobipocket Decoder Tool. Once DRM-free, ABC Amber Palm Converter might work but I would use Calibre's mobi2oeb command line utility to convert it to HTML and then use whatever (perhaps OpenOffice) to go to PDF.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
fishcube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If the PRC has Mobipocket DRM (i.e. is encrypted) then you need to first strip the DRM. See Mobipocket Decoder Tool. Once DRM-free, ABC Amber Palm Converter might work but I would use Calibre's mobi2oeb command line utility to convert it to HTML and then use whatever (perhaps OpenOffice) to go to PDF.
Where does one get Mobipocket decoder tool and mobi2oeb?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
ignore

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-30-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: wrong thread
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube View Post
Where does one get Mobipocket decoder tool and mobi2oeb?
The decoder tool, mobidedrm, you will have to find for yourself, but Calibre has its own forum.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote