Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
richardsugg
richardsugg began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
setting authors.name to authors.sort

I wanted my author names to be the same as the sort field. I didn't see a way in Calibre to do this en masse, so used sqlite3 to do

update authors set name=sort;

The data looked correct, but in the main screen of calibre, all the author names showed up as "Lastname & Firstname" rather than "Lastname, Firstname". If I edit the metadata of an individual book, Calibre correctly shows "Lastname, Firstname" in the author field. It's only on the main screen that the "&" shows up as a separator.

How can I get the author name to be the same as the author sort field?
richardsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
richardsugg
richardsugg began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Found it and "wow"! In tag browser, right click on Authors and choose "manage authors". THere's an option there to do *exactly* what I wanted.
richardsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Calibre is quite powerful and many desirable functions are built in. The problem is usually trying to remember where it is located and how to use it.

Remember to look at Preferences>Tweaks as that tends to be the location for "set it once and leave it that way" kinds of options.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote