Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Giging123
Giging123 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo K1
Help~My ez PDF reader is not functioning well

I purchased it from Android market.
My device is Lenovo K1 with Android 3.1.

The menu bar of ez PDF reader only has "sitcky-note, freehand, figure,text-box, image".
There should be more, like"highlight, underline....", according to the ad.

Highlighting and underlining are most two I need while reading PDF.

It is so annoying. I tried different solutions, such as re-downloadin, re-start, search google for answers.
It did not work.

I don't know what's wrong. And it is so hard to find the contacts of producer.
The phone number is always not available and asked me to leave message.
Giging123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giging123 View Post
I purchased it from Android market.
My device is Lenovo K1 with Android 3.1.

The menu bar of ez PDF reader only has "sitcky-note, freehand, figure,text-box, image".
There should be more, like"highlight, underline....", according to the ad.

Highlighting and underlining are most two I need while reading PDF.

It is so annoying. I tried different solutions, such as re-downloadin, re-start, search google for answers.
It did not work.

I don't know what's wrong. And it is so hard to find the contacts of producer.
The phone number is always not available and asked me to leave message.
To get the highlight, underline, dictionary, etc.. features you need to press and hold on a word. A menu will pop up and from there you select the option.

Also I've left feedback with this dev and they are very responsive however communication must be done with email and not via phone.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Giging123

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
To get the highlight, underline, dictionary, etc.. features you need to press and hold on a word. A menu will pop up and from there you select the option.

Also I've left feedback with this dev and they are very responsive however communication must be done with email and not via phone.

=X=
thanks for replying.
I did what you said (that is from the manual as well.)
Unfortunately, my menu bar(or the pop-up menu) only has "sticky-notes freehand figure text-box image". There are no highlight or underline or other function.

I emailed and called since last evening. haven't heard anything back yet.
I need to use it in urgent. This really sucks.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks for replying.
I did what you said (that is from the manual as well.)
Unfortunately, my menu bar(or the pop-up menu) only has "sticky-notes freehand figure text-box image". There are no highlight or underline or other function.

I emailed and called since last evening. haven't heard anything back yet.
I need to use it in urgent. This really sucks.
Well there is always RepliGo $5. For annotating and looking up annotations I much prefer RepliGo. ezPDF however is better for reading PDFs. RepliGo also has a better rendering engine than ezPDF.

The nice thing about PDF annotations is they are stored in the PDF and can be read across all PDF readers. So the markups you make in RepliGo are visible/searchable with ezPDF.

I purchased both and find I use both depending on what I'm trying to do.

=X=
Old 02-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
Giging123

Quote:
Well there is always RepliGo $5. For annotating and looking up annotations I much prefer RepliGo. ezPDF however is better for reading PDFs. RepliGo also has a better rendering engine than ezPDF.

The nice thing about PDF annotations is they are stored in the PDF and can be read across all PDF readers. So the markups you make in RepliGo are visible/searchable with ezPDF.

I purchased both and find I use both depending on what I'm trying to do.

=X=
well, thanks for suggestions. but my needs are so simple, just highlight and underline.
I attached the pic showing my PDF and the menu bar.
It is obvious that my menu bar is very little (the ad on the website shows more than 10 functions on the menu bar.)

It downloaded well and nothing looks weird. I don't know how to fix it.

It is really annoying. And cannot get refund.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0052.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	656.2 KB
ID:	81991  
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
well, thanks for suggestions. but my needs are so simple, just highlight and underline.
I attached the pic showing my PDF and the menu bar.
It is obvious that my menu bar is very little (the ad on the website shows more than 10 functions on the menu bar.)

It downloaded well and nothing looks weird. I don't know how to fix it.

It is really annoying. And cannot get refund.
The picture is very helpful. You are not selecting a word and therein lies your problem.

You need to press and hold on a word, at that point a select text bars show up, from your picture its clear you are not selecting a word. Sometimes screens have a hard time determining what you are selecting. Zoom in a little and then press and hold on a word.

I've attached two images to show how the menu behaves differntly when a word is selected and when it's not
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-01-14-00-25.png
Views:	219
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	81992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-01-14-00-52.png
Views:	219
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	81993  
Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Giging123

Quote:
The picture is very helpful. You are not selecting a word and therein lies your problem.

You need to press and hold on a word, at that point a select text bars show up, from your picture its clear you are not selecting a word. Sometimes screens have a hard time determining what you are selecting. Zoom in a little and then press and hold on a word.

I've attached two images to show how the menu behaves differntly when a word is selected and when it's not
Thank you.
They did reply my questions.
He asked to change another PDF file. The file I am reading is scanned so ez pdf reader cannot process text.

It works. Perfect!