Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #91
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
... and still many of us have been happily reading eBooks through that entire time .
Funny, how that works, innit?

You aren't going to start using phrases like "When I was your age,..." are you?
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #92
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
<quavery old-man voice>When I was a boy ....</quavery old-man voice>

(Cool avatar, BTW, I've meant to comment on it before now)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #93
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
<quavery old-man voice>When I was a boy ....</quavery old-man voice>
... we couldn't read in the rain, because our clay tablets melted.

Quote:
(Cool avatar, BTW, I've meant to comment on it before now)
Thanks! I did it originally as cover art.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #94
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
Thanks! I did it originally as cover art.
I'd pick that one up off the shelf for a closer look, absolutely.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #95
jasonkchapman
Guru

Quote:
I'd pick that one up off the shelf for a closer look, absolutely.
Sadly, it's out of print. But the online edition will never die.
Advert
Old 09-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Sadly, it's out of print. But the online edition will never die.
Since you are making your book available for free on your website, would it be possible to get a copy say in Word or HTML so I can format it for the Sony Reader and MobiPocket and post it on MobileRead? That is, if you don't mind.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #97
jasonkchapman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since you are making your book available for free on your website, would it be possible to get a copy say in Word or HTML so I can format it for the Sony Reader and MobiPocket and post it on MobileRead? That is, if you don't mind.
No, I don't mind. I've been planning to do that, but book layout and design is not one of my strengths. I'd appreciate your help.

Until recently, the book was obligated and still bringing in ad revenue. Now that it's freed up, it's time to do standalone editions.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #98
NatCh
Gizmologist

That would be really cool, since it sounds from the excerpt like something I would enjoy reading, but I'm not going to stare at a computer screen to do it.

Oh, yeah, and you should be sure you have a paypal account set up.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #99
jasonkchapman
Guru

I passed the files on to Jon, since he so generously offered to do the conversion.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I passed the files on to Jon, since he so generously offered to do the conversion.
And I plan to start on this maybe tonight. Definitely tomorrow if not.

Ok, I just did a little bit of cleaning up of the DOC file. I converted the quotes and apostrophes to the curly type and fixed the double dash to proper emdash. Now to give it a load into Book Designer and see how it comes out.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have to say this did not really take all that long to convert. That said, The Heretic is posted now in BBeB and MobiPocket. I hope you'll all enjoy Jason's novel. It sounds very good from the review. This is one in my TO BE READ pile.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #102
jasonkchapman
Guru

Coolness! Thanks, Jon.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #103
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Coolness! Thanks, Jon.
Happy to do it. It sounds like a really interesting book.